Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westminster is on right now!!!!!

Westminster is on right now!!!!!

Westminster is on right now on the USA channel. I just realized that the post I wrote, saying that it was on the 14th and 15th is incorrect. I got it off their website but it was for the year 2000. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience, but it's time to turn on those TV's!

oh yay. *turns tv off*

What a moving tribute to the SAR dogs and their handlers. The NYPD all have GSDs in their force. WOW! It was good seeing the faces of the people and the dogs who are heroes in my eyes.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

How fun!!

I'm havin' Mom tape it for me...hopefully she didn't forget!

Can't wait to watch it!

I was really moved by the tribute to our heros and hero rescue dogs. It was just beautiful and so deserving of those special people and their wonderful dogs. What would we do without them

Weeknights are so hectic around here. My 11 year old keeps me hopping and we had PTA last night, got home after 8, finished homework, played with Roger, Honey, and Lilly, etc etc etc . So I missed it . Truly forgot to even turn the television on last night....missed the Olympics too!! Do you think they will rerun it, Pam? If not, maybe one of you generous folks who taped it would consider letting me borrower the tape???

I swear, I will tape it tonight!!!

I was also very touched by the tribute. It was hard holding back the tears, especially when the guy came out with his new dog. His dog, (I think his name was Cyrus) was the only dog that died as a result of the tragic attack.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

The tribute was a very nice touch to the show! It was nice to see all the dogs (I think they had 21 of them there last night) that have been working so hard in the aftermath of 9-11.

Logan,
    You did not miss the sporting group. That is tonight so you may still get to see a Golden win in group. It is on at 8:00 pm.

I'm having someone tape it for me, too. There's alot going on this week, Olympics, AKC agility championships, Westminster. How am I suppose to watch it all!?! I just can't wait for the tribute to SAR dogs!
    Becky Weise & the German Shepherd
    Iris Von Der Felzen Haus CD, CGC, 2 legs of NA
    Iris' Den

Spencer,
    The video clip on liver was really great! I'll probably see it again tonight. I love going to dog shows and Westminster is the grand daddy of them all!!!!

Hey, Pam (and all other Poodle lovers), I just noticed that Poodles are ruling at Westminster. Miniature got 1st in Non-Sporting, Standard got 3rd in Non-Sporting, Toys got 3rd in Toy. Poodle's are doing good!
    Becky Weise & the German Shepherd
    Iris Von Der Felzen Haus CD, CGC, 2 legs of NA
    Iris' Den

Dusty's cousin gets Best of Opposite Sex in the Golden ring!

A beautiful Golden girl won the Best of Breed in the Golden ring. In second place for Best of Opposite Sex was Chip. He is Dusty's cousin. They share the same grandfather! What a special surprise!

Unfortunately getting Best of Opposite sex does not put you in the Best of group showing unless something happens to the Best of Breed winner and they can't compete. But getting second is pretty impressive considering there were 38 Goldens competing.

I just love this Dog Show and being able to see everything on the web is great too!

Shepherd Lover...yes it was a very exciting night for me to watch! I was so proud of all three poodles (I have had all three sizes and love them all!) Of course we were especially rooting for the white standard (we kept telling Bella she really was a ragamuffin next to him! ). I was just glad to see the black mini take the group. My mini has been at the Rainbow Bridge since 1998 and, although not as beautiful as last night's winner, she was a winner to me!

Weren't the search and rescue dogs just awesome! They truly are angels in fur! I am so glad they were honored and they were even on Good Morning America today. Tonight will be your night to get excited. Stayed tuned for tonight's german shepherd! Just may be a winner!

I was so thrilled for Jackie and Pam to have "their" babies carry off top honors in group!! I read before hand that the Schnauzer, Mini. Poodle and Kerry Blue were all favored in their groups! Good luck to both of these beautiful pups tonight!! (Although, I don't think anyone here is uncertain about what breed I'll be rooting for)

But what I was most looking forward to, I MISSED!!! It was an incredibly hectic day and I was SO exhausted. I just put my head on the couch arm for a second right before the tribute was to begin. The next thing I saw and heard was Glenn Close singing the Natl. Anthem! I couldn't believe I had missed it!!! I noticed on the Westminster website that they have in previous years offered for sale videos of the entire show. But, if anyone did record it (I was going to, but my VCR record mode is not working) I would be eternally grateful if I might watch it and return it back immediately!

And ROTTIE.....I have to admit it. The Rottie last night was AWESOME!! I don't think I've ever seen one as magnificent in every way. His confirmation was gorgeous. But that high step, that smile, that attitude!! I thought if anyone could beat the favorite, it would be him!

And did anyone else see the fantastic White Bull Terrier do an airborne 360 just as the judge asked for them to "go around" one more time???

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

The Rottie WAS gorgeous! The White Bull Terrier trick was precious!!! The tribute to SAR moved me deeply. I got to thinking how difficult and dangerous their jobs are. They are HEROES.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)