Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just thought I would introduce...

Just thought I would introduce...

a few new additions to Pet Talk, since you will be seeing lots of photos of them! First off, let me explain the situation. There is a lady that comes to my work (Banfield Animal Hospital) with her pitties. She will be gone most of the summer so I will be staying at her house and caring for her dogs. She has one blue and one fawn? who are very sweet. They just had a litter of pups, all placed before born etc. She's won many awards in agility, conformation etc. Her dogs are awesome! Anyway, so starting next month I will be spending a lot of time at her house with her dogs. This is why I thought I would introduce them now, and get it over with while I have the time, LOL. The other reason why I am making this thread is because I wanted to introduce Chance...name tentative mind you. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Raised with cats, I feel he will do wonderfully with me, especially knowing he is being socialized with both kids, adults and other pets. Someone, figuring my friend had just had puppies, decided it was a good idea to dump two pitbull puppies off on her doorstep, knowing she would provide a good home. Luckily it was there, and not on the highway and god knows where!

So that is how Chance came about. He is still very young. Definitely a cutie, almost all white with brindle patches. I'm not 100% he will be mine, but I'm thinking about it. Once I meet him and get an idea on his personality etc. I will let you all know, but right now I am pretty smitten just by his pictures. So without futhur ado...

Momma

My wittle baby boy!

LOL, this picture cracks me up! Playing with his new "daddy".

And, I saved the best pic for last.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Please don't take this offensively, but i'm very concerned.

Wasn't it just a bit ago you weren't sure where your life was going or where you're going to be living? How can you afford all of these new animals?

That was awhile ago...how can I afford it? Well I have a very GOOD job at an Animal Hospital. I make a lot of money, and if I didn't think I could care for a new pet, I wouldn't take on that kind of responsibility.

Not to mention I never said this was a for sure thing. I need to assess the dog's termperament, health, playfulness and eagerness to learn etc. And if I take him it's not until I move, which is next weekend.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Omg, what beautiful pitties!! Chance is such a doll. I cant believe someone would dump him off like that.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

If you say so, Cass.
    Good luck to you and to Chance.

Originally posted by Jadapit
    Omg, what beautiful pitties!! Chance is such a doll. I cant believe someone would dump him off like that.
    They dumped off two. At least it was somewhere decent, but still, that doesn't justify their actions. There are two blue pits that come into my clinic reguarly. The other is a male, VERY VERY well behaved. His owner is awesome with him. He is the most well behaved, most obedient, friendly, loving dog I've ever met. I'm actually thinking of having him train Chance if I decide to take him. This guy really needs to be a trainer. He is wonderful!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Aren't the blue pit's beautiful? Someday I hope to get a blue pit or a white one. I just have to talk my husband into getting another dog.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Originally posted by Jadapit
    Aren't the blue pit's beautiful? Someday I hope to get a blue pit or a white one. I just have to talk my husband into getting another dog.

Hehe, this is why I'm glad I'm getting my own place and i'm single. hehe
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Oh what gorgeous Pitties, all of them ,they are sooo beautiful, i hope things workout and they all have happy loving futures, that Chance is too cute, look at his lil buns!!

Omg, so cute!!! Lucky you to be taking care of those babies all summer! And what a beautiful boy Chance is, I love his little pink paws.
    .Dante [Nanday Conure] .Sebastian [Cockatiel] .Draven [Sun Conure] .Noel [Cockatiel] .Zues [Cockatiel]

.Sascha [Pit Bull X] .Coltrane [Doberman] .Maggie [Weimaraner] (Newest addition )

Originally posted by senorita02
    Oh what gorgeous Pitties, all of them ,they are sooo beautiful, i hope things workout and they all have happy loving futures, that Chance is too cute, look at his lil buns!!
    I'm pretty sure if I decide not to adopt them they will keep him. They've dubbed him "Midget" LOL.

I'm pretty excited I'll be able to care for them this summer. Plus, I get to stay in a really cool house, LOL.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Ahhhhhhh!

I almost couldn't handle it. You get to have these gorgeous
    creatures all summer? Lucky you...CHANCE is beyond adorable.
    Ummm, we will be getting pics all summer?...right?

And...you should have warned us about that last pic....

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

He's such a gorgeous looking pup, so beautiful.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I thought you had another dog??? Guess you never found her? Anyway, cute pup!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

cute - pups with a patch are the best

thanks k9krazee for the signature!