Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in pet psychics?

Do you believe in pet psychics?

Funny I just saw this poll today. On Saturday this woman came in to adopt a cat. I was talking to her for awhile and found out she is a holistic healer. She didn't come right out and say anything about pet psychics but she did say she's starting up this thing where she makes house calls and consults animals to fix their behavior problems. She went to a friend's house who's dog had become out of control. She found out the dog was upset because the neighbor's cat who was his friend had been hit by a car. The woman got a cat for her dog to play with and he was good as gold after that.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hmm. it's a tough call without everyone thinking you're kooky
    (or kookier..) Personally I believe some people, for whatever reason, are given an extra sense, a gift. I have a personal psychic who I see once a year for FUN. She has said things about Cody that only I would know and I gave no hint or even mentioned him. Now I love him more than ever-my heart is going to explode! I accept it cause it makes me feel better and that's what counts. Who really knows?

I saw the Pet Psy. on Animal Planet the other night and I wasn't very impressed.

I have no idea how I feel about this because I have no knowledge of what they claim to do. But I do know that there are very intuitive people out there who can sense things about their fellow human beings, so there is bound to be someone who can sense things about animals too. I feel I am a bit "psychic" when it comes to my own pets and their moods. But I don't think I am a "Pet Psychic". I get a little skeptical over people who claim to be "mind readers", but who knows?? I could be wrong.

Logan

It seemed as though everyone was leaving this subject alone for a few days - like we were thinking about it.

I too, saw the Animal Planet show (thanks to Paul and Karen's ad), but the woman was a little too glitzy for me. I mean, wouldn't it be wonderful if it was true.....but.................

She seemed to get a lot of information from the dogs and a cat or two - but I noticed she backed away from the camel which was funny.

I have a friend who pays a good sum to get information over the telephone about her cats. And she believes every word of it.

I also read an article just recently that there is a group you can join in Marin County who will teach you how to communicate with your pets. She claims "you just quiet your mind and open yourself up".

If you spend a lot of time with your pets and pay attention, it is pretty easy to figure out what they want - how they are feeling - how they feel about you at any given moment. But as far as being psychic - well, I guess all of the votes are not yet in.

Former User Guest
    Dunno really... they showed on BBC's Vet's in Practise a dog that had a problem being on a moving car and with people. He couldn't stop walking around and panting while in a car or with people. With therapy, the owner got him to be calm in the car and calm around other people. Don't know if that counts being psychic stuff, but sure impressed me how the dog changed!

You know, I used to think this was all a "crock of s***" -- until I watched it happen right in front of my eyes. This happened years ago, when I was "babysitting" a wonderful elderly cat for dear friends who were in the process of moving cross-country.

I had Sopie with me for several months, and she became sick. Hauled her off to the vet, where the diagnosis was less than optimistic. Within the next few weeks, she began to fail very rapidly, and after numerous trips to the vet, I finally was told that "it was time." Her owner was aware of the situation, had given me the freedom to do what needed to be done, and I spent half the day on the phone, trying to find her. Finally called her hubby's company, they reached him in the air (he was a pilot and they patched me through to him), and he was able to locate her and have her call me. She drove straight here and arrived late that night; thankfully, Sophie held on, and I am sure she was waiting for Sue to get here. Sue got on the phone to her pet psychic, and was told that Sophie had known for a long time that she was ill, wanted to be released, promised to come back to Sue again someday, and had picked a replacement out of my herd of cats for Sue to take home. THAT was the part that stunned me -- the only cat that Sophie had permitted to be next to her was a small black female cat that I had rescued the year before!!! I called her Jemimah, and she had come with kittens (which I subsequently found homes for) and had a wonderful, gentle temperament. (Sophie and Jem sat together for hours on end in my recliner; Sophie ran all the other cats off if they tried to come up.) Sue was also told that Sophie wanted to be taken to the vet on her favorite blue blanket. I didn't own a blue blanket, which is when I went into "crock of s***" mode again -- until I realized that the cover on my recliner was slate blue, and that is where Sophie sat with Jem all the time. Then I had to sit down, HARD.

To make a long story short, Sue and I took Sophie back to Dr. Dave, where he put her to sleep and released her from her suffering. (I took her out to our farm and buried her next to all my other little guys.) Sue left the next day, complete with Sophie's things, the slate-blue cover, the kitty carrier, and Jem tucked comfortably inside.

Jem has since been renamed Princess Kitty, although she will always be "my Jem" -- she was a jewel in disguise when I found her, and I didn't know then what her purpose was to be later on. She lives in the lap of luxury to this day, and has even swiped one of Whiz's coolers for her own blanket! (Whiz is Sue's Grand Prix Dressage horse, and won the cooler at the Devon Horse Show.) That little cat has excellent taste!!!

Anyway, that's the story of Sophie and Jem, and I now pay much closer attention to what my critters are "telling" me now. It has paid off -- I feel that my relationship with my little ones has increased in pleasure and understanding for all of us. It's nice, because I had this same relationship with my horses, had missed it, and have now found it again, albeit in MUCH smaller animals!

What a nice first post, Jopfef. I hope that you will share with us more. Welcome to Pet Talk.

Thanks, Logan!

This is the first time I've ever told Sophie's story, and it was the perfect place to tell it.

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it!

Yes, I do plan to add my "two cents worth" now and then, as time permits!

By the way, my avatar is Missey, my litte Beagle/Doxie mix. She has a story too, but that's for another time and day. Suffice it to say that Hap sent her to me, after he had been gone for a couple of years. He was my Coonhound/Doberman mix, and I lost him to cancer at the tender age of 7. It took him awhile to find the right dog for me, but he did a GREAT job when he sent her to me.

Off to walk my dogs now! Have a great day -- and thanks for the welcome!

jopfef

Welcome to the Board! Would like to hear more about your baby Missey! Sophie's story was great. Thanks for sharing it.

YES, VERY MUCH SO!

My first experience with pet communication after death was when I had to take Mandy to the vet to be put to sleep.

Mandy was a beautiful chocolate-colored Nubian goat, and my grandmother's stupid, stupid, stupid caretaker, being the "know-it-all" that he was, fed her straight corn and nothing else. No grazing, no hay, no proper goat feed. The guy was an idiot. Mandy foundered so badly that she was unable to walk, and even had heat in her horns. My vet was extremely unhappy about her condition, and told me to go on home, that he would take care of her. I left his office in tears.

I was driving on the highway, back up to my grandmother's farm, when I distinctly heard Mandy "bleat" at me. It happened not once, but a couple times, and I knew it was her telling me that she was okay. I had to pull off the highway then, since I could no longer drive and cry at the same time.

I have had many other experiences since then, but that was the first -- and Mandy had been a very special little girl in my life.

I'm a very strong believer in communication of this sort. I've had it happen with my cats, my dogs, one VERY special horse in my life (who came back seven weeks later to make sure that I was okay), and my mother after she died.

It does exist. 'Nuff said.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    -- Mahatma Gandhi

pet psychics

I have to say I do believe in pet psychics. I also seen the show, & I thought it was amazing

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Why do we need one? I'm fine with my animals, the way they are
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I belive in the ones who move me, makes me see that my animals are really the way they are, i personally dont belive in the one on animal planet, beacuse she said somthing about a dog liking a perticular Blue blanket and correct me if im wrong but i thought dogs where color blind??