Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with my cat

thanks a lot for that long post, it was wonderfull help for me
    I will do everything you said, now I will start looking for a box.
    I thank you a lot .
    How many cats you have?

Everything Wayne said is just spot on. Just a little note to say when she's had her babies - don't interfer with her too much or handle her babies until she wants you to - it can make the queen very upset. Good luck.

Lynne

Madeguada. I have about 18 furbabies, Some of them stay in the house most of the time. (These are the ones that I usually post about. Snow Cat, Snow Tiger, Jumper, Fawn, Bluzette, Cookie Cat, Orphan, Fluffy) Some are indoor/outdoor ,and there are a few who want to stay outdoors.

.........wayne

Madeguada- My cat Liza (10 years ago) had 5 kittens. She was a stray who was preggers when we got her.
    I made up a box for her in a spare room to keep our other cat and 2 dogs away from her and her babies. She seemed to just LOVE this box.
    The day her kittens were born, she decided to have them somewhere else: we had an old sofa with a sheet over it in that room, and she went under this sheet. When I came home, I could tell she had had her kittens, but could not find them for awhile. You could not tell there was anything under there at all, since the sheet did not look disturbed at all.
    I looked all over the house and found nothing. I was getting SCARED. Finally I thought to look there, and there were 5 little kittens!
    I moved them back to the box, and she moved them back. This happened about 3-4 times. I eventually figured out that she liked the 'cover' up there, so I made a small one for her box.
    She was happy then.

One thing the vet told me to do was to set-up her box quite awhile before she had her kittens so that she gets used to it.

Good luck to you and your new family!

Wow, pet lovers from around the world helping each other! What a treat! I love this aspect of PetTalk!

Good luck with your cat - they will bring you so much wonder and love if you give them a chance. You are doing a good job at learning and understanding your cat! In a few weeks or months you will be giving advice to others!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Wayne-

Did I read right that you had 18 babes??? I can't believe that!!
    I have a hard enough time with two babes but wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.
    But getting one other cat did help Yum Yum break some of her habits.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

yumyum6970: Yes, and the most amazing thing is that, for the most part, they all get along with each other. I know that sounds like a huge family, but really , they aren't much more trouble as, say 4 or 5 furkids. The major expense is feeding all of them. But to me they are worth it. they offer much companionship with "scratchies and huggies" especially with Jumper, my (Abyssinain-mix) kitten.

.....wayne

I used to have a cat who HATED EVERYTHING. My mother and I believed she was abused as a kitten seing how she was found half dead and starved by a mailbox. Our vet seemed to think different and said it was her type of breed. Anyway Callie never cheered up the whole time she lived with us. She growled LOUD like a dog. If I ever ran through the house like to answer the phone in another room she would chase me and bite my ankles to let me know she didn't approve. But if I was ever feeling sad and crying she would always come sit by my side and tolerate me petting her (wich for her was a miracle). But I think those times made it more special (getting to pet her). Callie never changed but I know she loved me and appreciated her happy home. If your kitty never changes just know all kitties are different and SPECIAL IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!! AND ABOVE ALL, ALL KITTIES DESERVE A HAPPY HOME! But good luck with her, I hope she does a complete turn around to 100% love bug.