Thread: Just wondering...?

Just wondering...?

I was just wondering what the little things underneath peoples names mean like mine says resident some say citizen or piller do they serve any purpose or just a decoration?

One more thing if you please how do you put a little picture under your name like of your cat or something?

topaz, the title under your name is called "status." Karen explained this about a month or so ago. I couldn't find the thread where this was explained, so this is my best recollection. If any part of this is inaccurate, I hope one of the pillars or moderators will answer with a correction.

"Newcomer" refers to members with fewer than 10 posts. "Resident" indicates a member with more than 10 but fewer than 100 posts. "Citizen" means the member has more than 100 posts but fewer than 1000. "Pillar" (as in pillar of the community) includes members with more than 1000 posts.

topaz, the text or pictures below the message is called the "signature." Also, I forgot to tell you that you can customize your status. For instructions, click on the "f.a.q." button at the upper right. You will find directions on how to customize your status and how to create a signature.

There have been numerous posts about how to get the pictures into the signature. The most recent I remember were posted by Phred at the end of January.

Thank you very much

Michelene was right with the definitions of citizen, etc.

The picture under your name, though, like mine of Miss Hoppy, is known as your "Avatar." You can use any picture that is 60x60 pixels or smaller, that you have saved on your hard drive.

Just go to "User CP" up at the top. then once that pafe loads, hit "Edit Options." At the bottom of that is a place that says "Avatar" and at the right, "Change Avatar." Hit that, then hit "Browse." show it where and your hard drive the image you want to use is, then you judt nrrd to save it, an you're done!

The Signature picture would appear below your posts, not below your name, and that's a different process.

Congrats Michelene--noticed that was your 100th post!

lets see if it worked

thank you karen and michelene for your help

Topaz, I love your little avatar. It is so cute.

thanks I chose it because it reminds me of my kitty

Thank you, Karen, for answering the question Topaz asked! I didn't read it carefully enough.

Thank you, Tonya, for noticing. You are a first-rate writer and humorist. I really enjoy your posts and want to improve the ones I leave.

Topaz, your avatar is precious!

I tried

Hello, I tried the instruction s that Karen gave but it is saying that the photo I want to put as avatar is to big. The thing is I cant make it any smaller.

Can anyone help me out?

Former User Guest
    Sure Heather, sent it to our email address, we'll make it smaller for you, no problem!