Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bettas are HERE!!

Bettas are HERE!!

WOW, the Betta babies from BettaTalk are finally here! I've been calling the USPO non-stop since 10, and I finally got to pick up my babies!! They're all soo beautiful and healthy.. the boys were SO ready to get into their new tanks the second I took the bags out of the box. My Green Moon pair is *amazing*... Im in love with them! The little girl is perfect, and the little boy is a gorgeous HM. My favorite is actually the suprise fish.. he's a Green/Red Butterfly with a Super Delta tail. He was immediately flairing and attacking the bag right when I brought him out, then he just stared at me like, "GET ME OUT OF THIS LITTLE BAG!!". LOL, I luurve him. I took some pics, but they're horrible since they're still floating in the tanks and I can't put the lighted hoods on. I'll share anyway, just so you can get an idea of how adorrable they are.

SOO worth the wait ^_^ I think we already know the names, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to be sure. We also got 5 Java Ferns from BT, I ordered 3 but she gave me 5!! They're really, really nice!

here's my little girl....

and the boy.. they're color looks SO off because of the flash/blue water/baggie

Our little suprise boy he's such a hunk. sorry they're SO dark, he's in a 2.5g so the flash hardly made a difference.

I promise I will post nice pictures with their new names tomorrow! I'm releasing them at 9-ish, when I get home from class, so they'll finally be able to explore ~_~

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Congratulations on your new betta-babies!!!
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

YAY!!! Finally!
    Congrats on the new babies, you must be sooo excited!!!!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Congratulations on your new betta additions

I can't wait to see more pictures of your beauties!

Yay! More pretty bettas!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oooh Erica, they're SO pretty Congrats! (finally!!) hehe!

thanks you guys they're all swimming around in their tanks and really happy!

I feel soo bad about the pics and my camera is annoying me so much... all of the pictures come out NOTHING close to how prettyful they are in person. It doesn't have a Macro setting, and Ive tried no-flash with the tank lights and it is completely blurry ... I can't believe we paid $400 for this. ew.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Originally posted by bckrazy
    I can't believe we paid $400 for this. ew.
    lol! I used to think my camera was hopeless too. If their tanks are movable, try moving them to a place with more light, or try shining a light on the tank while you take the pics. Siam's bowl is right under a lamp, so we're able to get pics easily, as long as he doesn't wag around too much for food! good luck!

oh they are all wonderful! I am sure they are just STUNNING in person! Can't wait to hear the names you have for them!!

Niņo & Eliza

How much were they? I'd love to get a better-bred fishy. My two are beautiful to me but the ones coming from breeders are gorgeous!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Wow, beautiful bettas!! Congrats, and I can't wait to see more pics!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

^_^ thanks Suki, Kay, and Katie.. you girls are awesome! Cheers me up after spending 2 hours trying to get a few decent pics of my poor babies. *kicks camera*

Flamepony, thank you! I'll try to move the tanks under a good light. Their tank lights are pretty bright, but they don't do anything for my camera... I'm about to throw it out of my window. I swear! n_n (the camera not the tanks)

Suki, awwww thank you! they arrived really promptly and were very healthy and happy.. I definitely recommend BettaTalk, you were thinking about a BT girl right? I LOOVE my girl.. she's such a sweetie, and sooo amazingly healthy! Her fins are perfect. I can't wait to get a 10G and 5 other girls for her to hang with someday...

Kay, they cost $95 all-together, including the shipping. Just for the fish it was $60 (discounted from $100 because the males tail is slightly torn from over-flairing =0P), then $10 for the 5 Java Ferns (which are awesome, and I soooo recommend). That's $20 a fish, which is not unreasonable to me.. they're really good eaters, happy, constantly swimming around and they're young. They are at least 1/2"-1" smaller than the fish at PetCo and Wal*Mart (because these are only 4 months old and pet stores Bettas are usually much older, after being raised, shipped, sitting on the shelves, etc)... they're much younger and healthier than *any* pet store Bettas I've seen, so the higher price seems worth it to me, in the long run. You also get TONS of free advice from the genius BettaTalk people. Majestic Bettas also has GORGEOUS fishies ! I ordered 20 Indian Almond Leaves from them, for only $10, and they're amazing! They also were delivered 2 days after I requested them, and MB is totally professional and nice. They sell fish at very very reasonable prices and they're all drop-dead gorgeous (AND they have individual photos for each lot).. BCbettas also has some very nice fish for sale ^_~

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I am not exactly sure yet, I would like to spend no more than $45 or $50 in total, so either a Betta Talk female, or a plakat male from aquabid, I love plakats the most! I am so glad your little fishies are doing well!

Niņo & Eliza

that still is a lot! but...maybe worth a few years!

can't wait see the out-of-bag bettas! with crappy camera you said, still could see beautiful little ones!

I'm thinking about to get more! I have two empty tanks sitting out...eh!

rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

oh and..

BETTAGRAUTLATIONS!

rest and sleep softly sweet locke..