Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers...I need something... :(

Prayers...I need something... :(

OMG...I'm in shock.

I'm home sick today. I caught the same cold my parents caught from the cruise. When I'm sick that way, my crohn's seems to act up.

I just got a call from my boss. I was napping, but made sure to answer it. You all know I'm a hard worker and try my best to do whatever I can when I'm ill...I make up the work, the hours as soon as I'm able to. I go in on weekends, work from home, etc.

My boss told me that my illness, thus, my absences, is becoming a problem for her.

What am I going to do?? I can't help it!! I can't get better and I've tried everything.

This isn't fair. What am I going to do?? I need my full-time job.

I'm sick of this. Its not my fault I'm sick. I try EVERYTHING to get well...I see my doctors, I take my meds. What else is there??

She mentioned disability, but that's so hard to get on. And, it would NEVER make my rent. I need to be able to live on my own...for my sanity and ultimately, my health. I can't go back home...my parents wouldn't allow me to have my cats.

Ugh...I'm so upset. I don't know what to do. I didn't know what to say to her...I just said that I'd see her tomorrow.

Isn't, like, that illegal for her to say that to me? I mean, I completely understand that if I'm not there, thats work not getting done, but still, isn't it against the law?

I'm getting mad at God now...and I know that isn't right. But, what else can I do that I haven't done? I'm a good person...I do right. I love everyone. What have I done to deserve this? I've already been through so much and I try to stay strong and positive, but now I feel like my life is falling apart on me.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I don't know what to say, but this definately would be ilegal for her - I'd thnk that your disease falls under the ADA standards (Americans with Disabilities Act) which protects people from loosing their job if they are out for extended periods for illness.

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear this. When you go back to work you can talk face to face with your boss. Maybe there is some solution the two of you can work out. You are such a nice person Kelly and no matter what you will work things out! Try not to worry too much about something that hasn't happened yet. (I know I do that) {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Next time you discuss your ilness with her remind her that you are protected by the ADA and any action taken against you regarding your absences will be immediately brought to the labor board.

Noah's Mommy

I am so mad at your boss & maybe your boss needs a illness && but hey cheer up & note all your cute babies && when one door closed another better one will open up..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

thanks guys

I left a message for my doctor. I'm going to see if he can prescribe me darvocet to take daily so that I wont have as much pain.

I need this job...and a paycheck.

I'm just really disapointed in my boss. I thought she understood and was willing to work with me. I don't go to work when I truly am sick....normally, I'll drag myself in.

Re: Prayers...I need something... :(

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I just got a call from my boss. I was napping, but made sure to answer it. You all know I'm a hard worker and try my best to do whatever I can when I'm ill...I make up the work, the hours as soon as I'm able to. I go in on weekends, work from home, etc.

My boss told me that my illness, thus, my absences, is becoming a problem for her.

What am I going to do?? This isn't fair. What am I going to do?? I need my full-time job. I'm sick of this. Its not my fault I'm sick. I try EVERYTHING to get well...I see my doctors, I take my meds. What else is there??
    Ugh...I'm so upset. I don't know what to do. I didn't know what to say to her...I just said that I'd see her tomorrow.

Isn't, like, that illegal for her to say that to me? I mean, I completely understand that if I'm not there, thats work not getting done, but still, isn't it against the law?
    I don't have the answer, but I'm going to ask a few questions for those who can provide an answer:

How long have you worked there?
    What does your employee handbook say?
    Are you salaried (monthly) or hourly employee?
    Generally, what type of work do you do? (talk to customers, need to be there during business hours, work on your own, etc.)
    Have you received a letter regarding this from boss or HR dept?

I terminated one employee who had worked in the dept. less than 6 months so was on probation.
    Another one had worked longer, had health related issues but selective when sick (Mondays, Fridays off).

I'm not unsympathetic, but as you can tell, I've been on the other side of the problem.

How long have you worked there? 7 months

What does your employee handbook say? we don't have one, its a very small company

Are you salaried (monthly) or hourly employee? I'm hourly

Generally, what type of work do you do? (talk to customers, need to be there during business hours, work on your own, etc.) I talk to customers, but am going to start doing our website, fliers, etc. Work that CAN be done at odd times. I'm the office manager, so I'm aware that I DO need to be there. I WANT to be there, I LOVE my job...I wish more than anything that I wasn't sick and COULD be there every day.

Have you received a letter regarding this from boss or HR dept? No, this was over the phone, about an hour ago.

Kelly, I'm so sorry.

Is there a chance she was having a bad day and unfairly took it out on you?

*HUGS*

I hope the doctor will have some solution.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Gosh, I'm sorry to read about this Kelly. You have been doing everything you can to get well! I know that you're so sick and tired of being sick. **hugs** There just has to be a treatment that will work for your Crohn's...even if it ultimately is surgery.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Oh, I forgot to mention...I gave your email address to "the HEADS" to pass along to their SIL who has Crohn's. Perhaps she will have some insight for you.

**hugs**

Kelly, I am playing devil's advocate at this point, but if you reported that you had a cold, I can see where your employer would be upset. A cold doesn't keep people home from work, normally. If a cold causes further reactions and problems associated with your Crohn's Disease, then you need to make sure that your boss understands this. A cold is a simple nuisance to some people, but to someone with a compromised immune system, it could be a worse problem. If that is your case, then you need to make sure she knows that. I know that your presence in the office is of the utmost importance if you're the office manager. I guess your previous hospitalization, plus your recent vacation probably has her on edge.

I hope you can return to work tomorrow and then work it all out with her. Best of luck.

Logan

Kelly,

I am so sorry I would have a word with your boss about this and try to make it work somehow. This really isn't fair to you at all I wish you best of luck in the world and you'll be in my prayers. (((((hugs)))))))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Ugh...I'm sorry, I'm frustrated and mad.

I'm on three immunosupressant drugs. If I get a cold, I get it BAD! That is why I'm unable to work today. I'd probably get pulled over if I even attempted driving to work. I'm dizzy, hot, headachy, cannot breath, can't stop sneezing and blowing my nose.

When I get sick, my pain gets worse.

I'm freaking sick of trying everything I can do and still get more shit from every side.

I'm ready to be well. I've put my time in and can't lose my job because of this stupid illness.

I already feel bad as it is that she has a "defective" employee. I feel so bad...

Miagi says he is praying for you, too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Somehow, some way, you need to be able to get in front of this woman, make sure she understands your illness, but at the same time, she needs to understand how you can make up for it from home, when you must be home. I know it is a struggle for you, but surely somehow you can make it work, Kelly. I think the key is to prove that you have it under control, whether you are there or not, even if it means you have an employee checking in with you daily when you aren't able to be there. Something. Anything. Your disease is dibilitating as has been proven by so many others. But there is still a need to make money and prosper.

Hang in there and know that there are many, many prayers to OUR God for you. Don't give up and don't lose your faith over this. There are reasons this is happening. We just don't understand right now.

Love you.
    Logan