Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PT'ers of the past...

Hey folks! Be careful what you wish for! Some of us have a way of creeping back to say hello when you least expect it.

I was chatting with Jennifer T today, and she mentioned that some of you guys were reminiscing.

Hope everyone is doing well. Everything is fine with me. Kitties and turtles all well and bratty as ever. We have been riding out this HORRIBLE heat wave here in New York. I'm sick of feeling like I'm roasting every time I walk outside! Enough already! Is it September yet??

I'm leaving work now, but I'll swing by tomorrow for a chat, if the Bossman leaves me alone for five seconds.

Be well, folks!

Love, Thelma, Elvis, JD, Yertle The Turtle and Timmy the Turtle

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

nodgeness..babolaypo65 and mugsy.. they were with me through my hard times in january 2003 when I was only on for a month! but they just never leave my mind..hope someday I'd hear from them again..they're so sweet. creepy to see their names sitting unalive on my buddylist

lynne, sabies and miss meow, suildar was around! at least!! and now jackiesdiasy & thelmalu.. (no, never remember one of your posts but as many as I have seen have missed you, am sure others are happy then I am!)

welcome back and some need to come back too!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Woo Hoo, Thelmalu!!!!! I'm glad to see you!!!!!!

Don't be a stranger, please!!!!!!!

Logan

Thelmalu, think of you when I am having to be in NYC - was there the first weekend of June for the Book Expo, which was fun but exhausting. Too rushed to contact you ahead of the trip this time, but maybe someday ...

What happened to zanzanfergie too?
    I've been BOO'd!

I miss Jonza, and his great picture stories...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks, Lut, so do I, more than anyone can imagine.

Isn't it amazing, members who had less than a thousand posts are some of the most missed here.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hey Logan! How are things? I see you have expanded your fur family! I don't remember Zipper and Murphy.
    I definitely DO remember Butter and all the stories about what a tough little guy he was. How is he now? Has he calmed down a bit? I know Elvis has calmed down considerably since I brought him home, what...four years ago. He used to be mean, and would bite and scratch me all the time. He still has some CATitude and it's definitely in his nature to be a little scrapper, but he's no longer on the defensive all the time. He's a much calmer cat in general. I hope little Butter has calmed down too. I remember you used to say your hands looked as if they had been through a meat grinder!

Karen, yes definitely drop me a line next time you're coming to town! I would love to meet up with you!

Thelma, I am so glad that you posted! It feels like old times seeing your name around here!!

I was thinking of some other oldtimers the other day, Yorkster, Barbiro, Purrley...
    I did miss a few years myself so maybe I missed them leaving...or did they just slip away like so many others?

Catnapper,

I was JUST thinking about CatDad when I read your post. I also miss IttyBittyKitty. I wonder how they're doing.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

oh wow I just started reading this thread and i
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

oh wow I just started reading this thread and I too have been thinking about how much PT has changed since I joined!!!!...and all the old members that I long to come back!!!
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

Originally posted by thelmalu99
    Hey Logan! How are things? I see you have expanded your fur family! I don't remember Zipper and Murphy.
    I definitely DO remember Butter and all the stories about what a tough little guy he was. How is he now? Has he calmed down a bit? I know Elvis has calmed down considerably since I brought him home, what...four years ago. He used to be mean, and would bite and scratch me all the time. He still has some CATitude and it's definitely in his nature to be a little scrapper, but he's no longer on the defensive all the time. He's a much calmer cat in general. I hope little Butter has calmed down too. I remember you used to say your hands looked as if they had been through a meat grinder!

Karen, yes definitely drop me a line next time you're coming to town! I would love to meet up with you!
    Hi Thelma!!!! Let me catch you up on me. I guess it has been a while since we caught up because Murphy and Zipper have been around for a while!!!

Murphy, our 15 year old Yellow Labrador, came with my husband. She is a darling girl. She is panting and pacing right now, as a matter of fact, waiting for me to give her some attention. And Zipper, bless his heart, is a rescue from our Golden Retriever Rescue. He was a stray that had been picked up by Animal Control in NC. Our group took him in and we agreed to foster him as they were in desperate need. Thelma, I could not let him leave. Thank goodness my husband and I were newlyweds, so he didn't say no! Ha Ha! Today, he would probably say no. Zipper is probably around 10 years old now. We have had him almost 2 years.

I'm sorry to report that Butter has NOT improved!!!! In fact, he got so bad at the vet's office last week that I ended up at the doctor. He tore me up.

Good grief. You missed our baby birds!!!!!!! Roger and Milly had 3 babies last summer. Amber, who is a member here, adopted the little boy Cockatiel, Bennie. Another "cyber" friend adopted the two little girls.

So glad you're back. Please don't be a stranger!

posted by logan
    Hi Thelma!!!! Let me catch you up on me..............
    I wasn't here during that time too! so that's a catch up for me too! enjoying to hear rescues, happy, sad with joy stories, etc, etc. *sighs*

I'm sorry about butter let us know in other thread, okay? (or did you?)

thank you for this idea, poppy!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Logan, good for you for taking Zipper in! He's a beauty, that's for sure! I love the birdies too, with their bright orange cheeks!

Oh, Butter! What are we going to do with him? Haha. I do understand, though, because I still have to towel Elvis in order to give his nails a clipping. He HATES it, but he loves to knead on me and his nails hurt like crazy, so I think of it as a compromise we have to make.

In fact, last summer he had a scratched cornea, so I had to endure several visits to the vet with him. Oh brother! The poor vet had to have two assistants come in to pin this cat down, and he was growling the entire time. I'm pretty sure I saw genuine fear in one of the assistant's eyes. It was pretty funny. This scrawny little 7 1/2 lb housecat scaring the bejeezus out of this 6 foot tall, football player looking dude.
    That's my Elvis! Bah haha!