Thread: My naughty cat!

My naughty cat!

Hi, i have this cat, shes a mixed siamese/tabby and shes very disobeident, shes one yeard old. We have a dog that she gets along with, but besides that she attacks everyone, and i dont know what to do to stop her. If you have any advice please share.
    KeHlEh

What is it exactly that she does to be disobedient and the attacking, is it playful or mean? Maybe if we have a little more detail we can try to provide advice. By the way welcome to PT!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

My Naughty Cat!

she doesnt listen to anything, youll tell her no and she'll do it anyways, and she attacks you in a very mean way... its like she does it because its funny for her or something. she'll also hiss at you if she doesnt get her way. she picks out certain people and hates them with a passion like attacking them if they get near her with scratching and biting. thanks!
    Last edited by Kehleh; 06-10-2005 at 12:25 PM.
    KeHlEh

To The Naughty Cat

With my experience of owning a Siamese is that they are born with a mean strike. The more I would ask about mine the more I got told of Siamese having a attitude with other people or things. Now with mine I would take her favorite toy or snack away & not let her have things she wanted. Also I would if she bit me then I would pinch her back or thump her nose & she hated that. She lived to be 20 yrs old & died this last Christmas night. So I hope this helps & Good Luck Here is another one of my cutties.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: To The Naughty Cat

Originally posted by lvpets2002
    Also I would if she bit me then I would pinch her back or thump her nose & she hated that.
    I don't think this is very good advice. NEVER I repeat NEVER hit, thump, tap a cat or any animal on the nose. Their sense of smell is very delicate and hitting on the nose can damage it. If you are having problems with your cat be disobedient then maybe you need to have time outs just like with a child. When she misbehaves. Pick her up chastise her sternly. With a sharp no. And put her into another room with the door closed for awhile. I think this may help. It may take several times but you should start to see a change in behavior. Good Luck and keep us posted.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Thank You

Thank you very much, i will start that immediatly, i will keep you posted.

thank you again!
    KeHlEh

Kehleh, my Leila is an oriental tabby or some sort of DSH/Siamese/Oriental mix, and she sounds similar to your cat. Leila has a split personality - one minute she's mean and slapping Leo around, the next, she's snuggling with him or purring and begging for loving from us. If we pick her up though, and she's not in the mood, she can viciously bite us or scratch us - we're not talking playful bites/scratches here either - they are like she means to inflict harm.

However, she's super playful and can be sweet when she wants to be, so she's been a good cat overall. She has plenty of "Catitude", that's for sure.

Just last night, we had to trim all of their claws (we have 4, and sometimes this takes no time at all, and sometimes, depending on their moods, it takes forever and can be quite traumatizing for my husband and I), and my parents were over, and it was like Leila was showing how bad she could be to her grandparents - she decided to have us chase her all over the house (even after we closed off the downstairs and the bedrooms, she still was impossible to catch) and be extra mean and hissing when we clipped her claws - we have the marks to prove it.

If she's been really vicious with the biting/scratching/hissing/picking fights with the others, we will put her in a room by herself for a while to let her cool off - that usually calms her down. We aren't mean to her - we will pick her up and scold her when she's being bad, but we realize she was out on her own for the first 5 months of her life before she was rescued and eventually adopted by us, so she might've been mean for survival's sake. It's been just over 2 years since we adopted her, but she probably still remembers the early days, where she had no one to take care of her or to trust. She's kind of nutty, but we love her - good luck with your kitty with the mean streak!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)