Thread: ............

Hello everyone! I am very interested in getting a two rats, and I was wondering what type of rats are good? Are female or male rats better to have? What is a good cage for two rats? Thank you so much!

Well, I would reccomend two females. I don't have any personal experiance, but my dad did breed rats for a while, and that is what he reccomended as pets. As for glass terrarium like cage or wire? Depents on how much circulation you are willing to give up for less bedding getting all over. Sorry I was not much of a help, I know there are lots of ratties on this site!

Niņo & Eliza

Male and female rats are both friendly, but females tend to be "explorers" and males tend to be "couch potatoes". Whatever you do, get two of the same sex, they're sooooo much happier that way.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

i would love to get rats also.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Males are more laid back and probably more snuggly where as females are more adventurous and never stop playing and running around. I posted already on another post you made about the cage. Make sure you get two of the same sex.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

rats are very expensive to care for, and they require very large cages with maltiple levels.
    ratties have to be housed in pairs, some males will become agressive towards other ratties if they are alone for too long...

i would suggest getting two males, i have owned both male and female rats. i liked the males layed back personalities better then the females hyper disposition . .

good luck with research .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven