Thread: Man tries to feed kitten to gator..Kitten survives

Man tries to feed kitten to gator..Kitten survives

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/4589274/detail.html

Man Charged For Allegedly Trying To Feed Cat To Gator
    Kitten Will Be Adopted

POSTED: 12:37 pm EDT June 9, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Franklin County Humane Society officers said a Columbus man tried to feed a kitten to an alligator. But the kitten escaped with all nine lives still intact.

SLIDESHOW: Kitten Saved From Gator

Shawn Wright was charged with animal cruelty, and faces the possibility of a 90-day jail sentence, NewsChannel5 partner ONN reported.

People living near 226 South Eureka Avenue said that they can't believe what they saw happening in their neighborhood.

"We happened to see a kitten climbing up the cage, hanging on to side. And then it would fall down and go back up," Aminda Sims explained.

Sims, who lives across the street, said there was an alligator inside that cage with the kitten.

"And then the kitten got out. And I was all excited because I was like 'run kitty, run!’" Sims said.

When humane society officer Leighanne Detillion arrived, she said Wright admitted trying to feed the kitten to a 3-foot alligator.

"The gentleman screamed 'I can do whatever I want with the cat! It's a stray and it doesn't matter what happens to it!'" Detillion claims Wright said.

But that wasn't the end to the cat's tale.

Humane society officers said Wright picked the kitten up by neck, shaking it violently as they ordered him to put it down. Instead, they said he threw Ally the kitten more than 10 feet off the front porch.

"I'm like, I cannot believe he did that in front of me," Detillion said.

"He didn't just toss her. He threw her as hard as he could. And she hit the concrete and bounced off."

Now Wright, 18, faces one charge of animal cruelty. City prosecutors plan to ask for the maximum penalty.

"Doing this type of behavior indicates some violent tendencies. And that is obviously the public safety concern," assistant city prosecutor Bridget Carty said.

Wright’s first court appearance is scheduled for June 15.

Ally the kitten will be made ready for adoption at the Franklin County Humane Society.

I'd like to feed him to the gator starting with his **you know what**
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Re: Man tries to feed kitten to gator..Kitten survives

Originally posted by Maresche

I'd like to feed him to the gator starting with his **you know what**
    DITTO
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick...or both...that poor kitty. I just don't understand some people

SOOOOOOOOOO Happy that kitty survived and will get a new home. Hope the alligator is found a new home too.

That guy....
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

STUPID @#$%^&*|! jerk!!!

What is it with young BOYS and animal cruelty anyways????

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Shawn Wright was charged with animal cruelty, and faces the possibility of a 90-day jail sentence, NewsChannel5 partner ONN reported.
    The POSSIBILITY??? It should be mandatory, and much longer jail time than that! Makes me wonder how many kittens weren't as lucky? There must have been more than that one lucky baby. GAWD this world gets sicker by the minute!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Be sure to watch the slide show. Cute kitty

What a jerk.

I wonder why he has a pet alligator?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    People need to take that kind of behavior very seriously as soon as this type of thing happens. Remember his name, he'll be on the news for much worse one day.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

That is CRAZY! It sounds as though he has mental problems, and i hope he gets jail time. Sicko.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The POSSIBILITY??? It should be mandatory, and much longer jail time than that! Makes me wonder how many kittens weren't as lucky? There must have been more than that one lucky baby. GAWD this world gets sicker by the minute!

That is EXACTELY what I thought. The possibility??? Well that punishment sure fits the crime, eh?

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

good job ally
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Well you can feed a bunny to a snake, or a bird or a rodent. I'm not saying I'd side with this guy but where do we draw the line. Bunny or less and its ok to feed to the gator? The only thing he did different was the unnecessary suffering and torture. Had it been a rat he was torturing before he threw it to the gator nobody would have done anything.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

.."I can do whatever I want with the cat! It's a stray and it doesn't matter what happens to it!"..

......where's my brain??

rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

That's so sad. Poor kitten.

It makes me wonder though... People feed rabbits, rats, mice, and guinea pigs to reptiles all the time. But if someone had fed a kitten to it, they'd be breaking the law. It makes me sad. I would never be able to go as far as I'd want as far as justice if someone were to feed my rats to a gator.
    I've been BOO'd!