Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sickly Iguana

Sickly Iguana

I took my baby iguana to the vet on friday and he is looking ill and uncared for he had a serious case of mites and I am scared that I am going to lose him I have one other iguana she is almost two years old and all taken care off but he scares me the place I got him had the mites and all the iguana's there have them and they are all serious and I don't know what to do he wont eat I had to force him to drink with a little binker thingy and he would barely drink that...Can someone please help me on what to do?
    Last edited by kitty24; 05-21-2005 at 10:52 AM.

kitty24,
    I hope your iguana will be ok. What did the vet say?

^_^

He is doing much better I took him to my boss the next day and he is still there I can take him home tomorrow ^_^ Happy day for me My baby gets to come home I was told that I can sew Birdw World the place that I got him at because of how sickly he was and that they sold him to me like that.

kitty24,
    I am so glad that your Iguana is doing much better
    It makes me so angry that a pet store would think it ok to sell an animal that is so sick
    Keep us posted on what happens.

:)

I am taking him back to my boos today to get weighed we are still having to force feed him he wont open his eyes very much yet and is needed to be kept very warm but he is doing much better he likes the sink lol and is movin around more

I called the pet store and they said that there is nothing wrong with their iguanas and that they are all fat and healthy when they aren't because I went back yesturday to have a chat with the manager about the other animals and the reptiles my boss also called the humane society about them and they are going to go check them out

kitty24
    I called the pet store and they said that there is nothing wrong with their iguanas and that they are all fat and healthy when they aren't because I went back
    you should hand them one of their own books on iguana care and tell them to read it!! Not that it would help.

I'm glad your boss is getting involved and calling the humane society.

I sure hope your baby iguana is going to make it. I thought he was doing better than that. did you name him yet? I don't remember you saying, Sorry if you did and I forgot.
    jodi

Yup my friend at school named him his name is raptor ^_^ I am holding him right now I am taking him back in later to get wieghed and some more food and a tube for him I told my boss about him still not eatingon his own and he said that he would help me
    Last edited by kitty24; 05-21-2005 at 12:53 PM.

My friends wanted me to sue the petstore where I got him.
    My mom wont alllow it and says that it is a waste of time.

I agree with your mom they would most likely bury you with their financial resources and fancy lawyers. Word of mouth does wonders and if the Humane Society follows up it will be better than sueing them.
    Good luck
    jodi

But -batts eyes- Would they take on a vet well known in my city knowing they will lose to my boss being a city famous vet would be involed oh man the sunset is pretty tonight.
    Last edited by kitty24; 05-23-2005 at 03:18 PM.

kitty,
    Anymore updates on your petstore scandall?

Yes....He died last tuesday of unknown causes. My parents wont let me get anohter one to prove to them that it was the petstores fault sorry I have not been on to reply I have been out camping with my family

Oh Kitty I am so sorry. I was hopping for a better outcome.

I was to everything is alright though things happen it was just his time