View Poll Results: Where did you get your pets?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shelter/rescue

68 51.91%
  • Pet Store

25 19.08%
  • Breeder

52 39.69%
  • Mill/BYB/farm

16 12.21%
  • Stray

24 18.32%
  • Bred him/her yourself

5 3.82%
  • Other

31 23.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your pets?

Maggie and Shadow-free to good home ads
    Sheeba-stray
    Keesha-dumped in ditch with litter, brought to vet, nobody wanted the "runt female" so i took her
    Ozzy-from my sister
    Eli-rescued from his previous owner
    Barkley-rescues from abusive/neglective home with intent to foster...we see how well that worked out hehe

Blaze-from my mom's co-worker
    Rome-mom was a stray at my dads work site, my dad brought rome home at 8 weeks

Snowy- a one-time breeder. Her parents are now both fixed and she still visits them and her sister sometimes.

Taffy & Buttons- Petland

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

The ducks we got at a farm store
    kendy and kasey we found under a house adbandoned by there stray mother
    zoey and t.j. we got from a breeder
    brandon we got at petsmart
    keshaw we found in a box at the side of the road
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

All 3 of my dogs came from breeders

Winston- Doberman Rescue
    Tango- From a friend's accidental litter...
    Tia- Rescued her mom while she was pregnant and kept a pup.
    Morgan- Rottweiler Rescue

My next dog willl be from a really great breeder, as will most of my future dogs.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Bailey - Breeder
    Sebastian - Adopted from the Vet Clinic
    Amadeus - Rescued, he was dumped at some guys apartment and I took him home!
    Augustus - Rescued from a horrible, nasty Vet.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

RB Retread was from a humane society. My mom got him when he was 5 weeks old (this was back in 1983).

RB Buttons was given to us by a then-stranger (she's now my mom's best friend). She's not really a dog person and she bought two at once, one was Buttons and the other was his father (puppy mill of course), and when my brother begged for him (he was little and cute ) she said we could have him.

Mandy's a shelter baby, we got her at 8 weeks. She was a-freaking-dorable too

Nova's from a backyard breeder. Never, ever again. She is my heart dog and I will never, ever regret buying her but I just hate that she has so many horrible health problems and she's only a year old

Luka's a humane society dog, was probably from a backyard breeder originally judging soley by her conformation (mismark, underbite, dudley). We adopted her in November when she was almost 2 years old. She was abused really bad before the humane society got her.

Buck is from a reputable breeder.

Zsa-Zsa was bought from a breeder. Tia came from a pet shop. But don't worry, it is a very good pet shop and I know the lady that owns it. She takes very good care of the animals and doesn't interbreed and stuff.

Zimbabwe 07/13

wolfy came from a breeder
    suka came from a private home , shed been pushed around a bit ,we were the 5th owners she'd had . we got her at 10 mnths!!!!!!!!!!! shes been with us since & is now 10 yrs old
    mishka from a private home also
    Ice from a breeder also

Buddy is from the pound and the other two are from breeders

I have pets from all those places- including other. Not so sure about the mill/byb thing- who judges whether a breeder is legit or not? A very conscientious breeder can look pretty sloppy beside an even more conscientious breeder. And technically, petstore animals could often be said to come from a mill, so I think that option is quite ambiguous.

But of my pets-
    2 dogs were strays, 2 from a breeder,
    2 cats were foster offspring, 1 was stray, 1 was private rescue
    both my pigs were from petstores
    rabbit breeder
    rats- 2 from breeder, 2 from feeder breeder, 1 rescue, 1 from feeder bin at petstore, and two private rescue
    Hamsters- 3 petstore, 1 private rescue, 1 breeder, 1 rescue offspring, 5 we bred
    Gerbils- 2 private rescue, 3 offspring of these
    That's pretty much it. I do take in a lot of private rescues as I have that reputation.

Ash was a stray who turned up on our verandah, in fact i think he had been sleeping there for sometime, Lexie we adopted from a cat shelter, and Duchess and Vicky are not mine legally, but since having the neighbours kitties spayed they have moved in my backyard, i look after them and we have built them a shelter, so i really feel they are mine now.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Frisk was from a breeder. He was from an accidental litter.
    Ethan, Melani, and Skylar came from a shelter (Melani and Skylar are from the same shelter).
    Khaith is my little former-stray.
    Hinge, Norri, Marley, Otto, & Ventriloquist all came from the same petstore that takes wonderful care of their animals.

All mine came from a breeder

Soni was a stray. Isis came from a lady who used to work with my husband. She was very much into Siamese and Ragdoll cats but none of her cats were or are altered so.... she ended up with a very large litter and we rescued a girl (who is in the process of getting spayed). Mortos, the gerbil, came from PetCo.