Thread: bead

bead

Our black cat Beauty likes to play with a pea-sized bead. She chases the bead if someone throws or bounces it for her, or she will play with it by herself. She carries it in her mouth, tosses it for herself, and catches it in a paw - or she will throw it on the floor for herself and bat it for herself to chase. She is a funny cat. She never gets tired of her bead, and if she hears my son start to toss it for her on linoleum or against a door, she comes running to play.

aww how cute, i just hope one day she won't swallow it!
    anyway welcome to pet talk
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Welcome to pet talk! I think that sounds like a fun game!
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

Update on bead

Update on the bead game: I heard Beauty last night playing what I thought was "bead" in the kitchen. I was surprised, because these days my son is the one who keeps careful track of the precious bead so that he can play with Beauty when he feels she is in need of her playtime and exercise. I looked more carefully and found that Beauty had used some imagination and found a small nub of chalk to use instead of a bead. She also enjoys playing with a fuzzy tennis ball - the kind you use with velcro animal-shaped mitts to play catch with. She loves to hold it between all four paws, next to her stomach, and claw it with her back feet while biting it. Speaking of biting - I love how cats know how to bite just gently enough not to hurt when they are play-biting with their humans. Isn't it amazing?

My Oliver has never learnt that "bite gently" trick.

Being in SE Louisiana, there is always a large supply of Mardi Gras beads on hand and you have to keep them hidden in a closet or the kitties will find them and drag them all over the house playing with them. I use to keep some out for them to play with but they refused to put them up when done (keeping them handy for the next playtime I guess) so I started putting them in the closet... UP HIGH or they would find them. Silly kitties!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

aww adorable maybe one day you can get a pic for me???
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Thats sounds like my Hobo... with bottle caps! That is his Favorite toy....

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

bead

Awee that sounds so cute & now we need pictures.. Please watch your baby carefully & make sure she does not swallow the bead..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

My Lilbit cat loves to play with rolled up tube socks, she carries them all over the house, and I find them in the most unusual places. On top of the TV set or in the bathtub or even beside the front door which lets me trip of it when I come home from work. She has several little catnip toys that she plays with and carries around but the tube socks are her favorite.

Thank you for all the kind replies about my Beauty and her bead game. I was worried, too, at first, about her swallowing the bead - but that seems to be part of the pleasure of the game - carrying it very deliberately with her head hanging down so that the bead rests between her front teeth. She even tosses it from her mouth and catches it in her paws sometimes. I have learned to trust her about swallowing - but of course, we remain alert when she plays bead, so that we always know where the bead is.

I need special thoughts for Beauty. She is going to the vet today because she has something wrong with her skin - there is an open sore behind her neck, and she has been scratching and licking too much, so I am concerned. I hope it is just allergies or something minor - I am worried about skin cancer, because I lost another beloved cat to cancer and the thought scares me. I hope that by late this afternoon, my mind will be set at rest. My husband is the one taking her, because I am at work.

I wish I could send pictures of Beauty, but I don't have a digital camera, and I don't know how to send pictures anyway. I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to the new technology. Apologies!!! I have a beautiful cat named Indigo, too, but she is a much more demure cat who doesn't have antics to report. However, she is lovely and special in her own right. If I could send pictures, I would send a picture of her, too.

Quick note about Beauty - I asked for special thoughts for her, and I wanted to report on her, after her vet visit yesterday. She has been scratching and licking to the point of causing a raw spot behind her neck. I was worried that she might have something seriously wrong, such as skin cancer - the wound looks really nasty - but the vet says the raw place is self-inflicted, and might be the result of allergies. I don't know why it just started now, though, because nothing has changed in her environment or diet. Perhaps cats can grown into allergies the same as people can. The other possibility is that the allergies only disturb her if she has been bitten or scratched by her sister Indigo, who sometimes roughs her up a bit when the two of them get into a battle. Usually they just chase each other, but every now and again, a bit of fur flies, and since Beauty is the less dominant one, she usually gets the worst of it. The vet gave us antibiotic drops for Beauty, perhaps so that the wound will not get infected. I hope it clears up soon - it did seem to be getting better, but then Beauty went at it again and pulled it open again. So, it would seem that she is not in serious danger - but I still hope she gets over this rough spot.