Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its all over the news now

Oh, Damn..this is so upsetting! Sounds like an inside job for sure! Hopefully Kayla's ilenss will be a Godsend for whoever stole her, as they'll be shocked and unable to handle it. How sad our times, that people are so cold and greedy. Will this resort to security cameras EVERYWHERE? I wish I was there to help! Kayla will be added to my prayers! I hope she turns up soon, poor thing!

Oh, Aly! What horrible news! I hope Kayla is in a good home and that no harm comes to her! She will be in my thoughts.

Aly, I know it is hard to think good thoughts about this whole situation. But I will, and I will pray that the sweet girl is warm and happy right now. What a horrible thing to have happen!

My prayers are with Kayla.

Logan

Oh, this is just horrible. I'll be praying for sweet Kayla.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

A crime was committed here. Are the police conducting an investigation? What about an internal investigation as to who was where in the building when this happened? Has Kayla's picture been on TV or in the newspapers? A reward offered?
    Are steps being taken to develop procedures which (hopefully) would prevent something like this from happening again?

Aly, I know you aren't the one to answer these questions. Just my way of venting my frustration.

:(

Poor Kayla! I hope she's found real soon. It's not fair of her to suffer if she doesn't get her medication, even if the people that took her want her to have a nice home.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

With the Coccida it should not take long for the person(s) responsible for this terrible act to realize she is a sick puppy. Hopefully they have a conscience and will return her for the much needed medical attention. She will be in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return to your shelter.

Originally posted by RachelJ
    A crime was committed here. Are the police conducting an investigation? What about an internal investigation as to who was where in the building when this happened? Has Kayla's picture been on TV or in the newspapers? A reward offered?
    Are steps being taken to develop procedures which (hopefully) would prevent something like this from happening again?
    The police are conducting an investigation. Her picture has been on 5 different news channels. Her picture is also at just about every vet and pet store in Austin. We are offering a reward and announcing we will not press charges. We just want to get our dog back. I would LOVE to press charges but if we do, then we may never get her back.

We also have a list of suspects. Some community service people that had finished their hours but may have made a stop back at the shelter to do this. I know for a fact it was no one on the staff.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

You know another weird thing which I don't know if its a coicidence or not, but the day we noticed she was gone, about 5 people came in and asked to see her. Now that strikes me as odd when she's been at the shelter for months and doesn't even get asked about on a weekly basis sometimes.
    Alyson

I just got this email from our Operations Director. It was sent to all staff and volunteers I think. There is a little bit of hopeful news (the part about the leads they got). Hopefully by work tomorrow they will know more.

I certainly understand your fear of a security problem here at the shelter.
    All of us here are devastated by kidnapping of Kayla. We are also, as you
    may know, particularly concerned about her health.

Currently, both Volunteers and Staff are coordinating a rescue effort. Last
    night, Kayla's disappearance was on the nightly news with an interview of
    Dineen, the shelter PR person. In addition, we are faxing copies of our
    Kayla poster to all Vets in Travis County, as well as animal rescue groups
    and Town Lake. This publicity has already led to a couple leads.

We are also reviewing procedures to determine exactly how this crime was
    perpetrated. We do not ever want to see it happen again, and we are doing
    everything we can to prevent it.

Thank you for all your support in the past and I hope you continue to
    support us through this difficult time.
    Alyson

Aly~ That makes me so sad, and mad! I just can't fathom why soeone would do that. I sure hope Kayla is okay, i'll be thinking of her.
    Golden smiles,

aly, any news on kayla? or the thieves(may they rot)
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

We had a call about a dead dog on the road that people said was her So one of the staff members drove out to go see but it wasn't her. Poor doggy.

We also had a woman come in today claiming she saw Kayla being walked in a neighborhood closeby. I gave her our number and told her to please call us if she saw a glimpse of Kayla again. For some reason I have little hope that its Kayla she saw
    Alyson

Oh Aly how distressing for you and all the the shelter I mean I am glad the dead dog wasn't Kayla but you're all still wondering - as we all are - where she is and how she's doing. Fingers crossed that this new sighting might be good news.

Lynne

This is Kayla

Alyson