Thread: Kitty haircut time

Hybrid View

Kitty haircut time

I'm taking care of my elderly neighbor's house and cats while she's in the hospital. Today I decided that after 14 years of giving dog haircuts, I try her persian, Fursie. I've worked in the cat room of our humane society for a few years and can cut nails easy, how hard could this be?! Fursie isn't used to being handled so I wrapped a towel around him and clipped his talons first, he hasn't had his nails clipped in years. Then I sat him on the floor and wrapped my legs aroud him and started cutting. I don't know how anybody could find this to be so hard once you get them laying on the floor stuck between your knees they can't move much while you cut away . He wiggled so much that I warned him about bald spots, which made him wiggle more so I threatened to give him a lion cut . Anyway, after pulling him out from under the couch for one last brushing and some treats and covering my shreded legs with neosporin I decided I needed a pat on the back.
    No pics of him but he now looks like the last pics here except he's black with rusty colored sides.
    [img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=black+persian+cat/v=2/SID=w/l=IVS/SIG=12ke8b4lu/EXP=1117746972/*-http%3A//www.kiddsrus.com/i/Cats/black.smoke.persian.160.2.3_1.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=persian+and+lion+cut/v=2/SID=w/l=IVS/SIG=12aftaapo/EXP=1117747150/*-http%3A//www.thecatgallery.com/images/Ash-lion-cut-2.jpg[/img]
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Ha, ha, ha....its good to hear the groomer's point of view!!

My Fluffy is going in for his summer 'do on Friday. He gets the lion cut every summer, and just LOVES it!! He is 14 and well, lets just say he doesn't take care of himself as good as he use to. He has got some Maine Coon in him, and he is quite the big guy. Not only does his new do keep him cooler, but it makes him look pretty darn handsome too!! I'll post some before and after shots.
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

RAGNAR HAS,TO GO IN,FOR HIS SUMMER CUT,SOON,AS HIS FUR REALLY DOES GET ALL TANGLED UP,AND ITS A LOT COOLER,FOR HIM,AND THE MOOSE,WHO ALSO NEEDS A TRIM,MONDAY.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS