Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Boston Terrier out there?

Anyone have a Boston Terrier out there?

Hi, I've been with PT for about a month now and still haven't seen/read threads about anyone with a Boston Terrier.
    Does anyone have one out there that I can share stories/questions with?

I don't believe we have any "regulars" with bostons. There have been some people with bostons come on here though.

I met the sweetest boston at an agility tourney last year. She was the funniest little thing -- she just jumped around like crazy and licked you and snorted.
    I've been BOO'd!

Hi wolfsoul,
    Thanks for answering my thread.
    You know before we got her I really could not get exited about the breed. My husband convinced me that they were very good house pets... and they are.
    I strictly considered myself a "poodle person", but now.... I have to say that I am a poodle/boston person! hehehe
    Beenie snorts all the time. She doesn't have breathing problems though. She has big nostrils....
    She is very sweet and affectionate. Very smart (smarter than any other dog that I've had) and funny. I swear... sometimes I think she can understand everything we say.

She is chewing on a rawhide under my feet right now. In an hour we'll go home and off for a nice walk.

I saw a Boston at the dog park this weekend. I never knew they drooled so much! This Boston had drool coming out of it's mouth soooooooooo bad! I'm surprised the owner didn't carry a towel with him to wipe it off every 2 minutes or so. Is that common with Bostons? I didn't think so, but I really don't know.

Weren't you thinking of adopting another boston?

I found these two in Florida.

Gismo
    Murphy
    Oh, and look at all of these bostons for adoption! 7 of them!
    http://www.flbostonrescue.com/
    I've been BOO'd!

Hi Elizabethann,
    Oh gosh no... Beenie doesn't drool.
    I don't think it's typical of them to do so either.... strange.
    Are you sure the one you saw was a Boston terrier?

Hi wolfsoul,
    Thank you for the links.
    I wasn't aware of Gizmo and Murphy. I look at the petfinder website everyday. They didn't pop up for me!
    They are soooo cute. I think Gizmo isn't too far from me either.

I don't have a Boston T. but I think they are adorable.

----<---<--<{(@

I don't have one....there was one that lived down the street from me, her name was Springer, they just left her tied out on their porch I felt bad for her and debated stealing her, they told me I could take her one day but my mom wouldn't let me So instead I would take her on walks with me and my gang....I don't know what happened to her though...I think the people moved....she was just the cutest little thing and could jump really really high (thats how she got her name !!) In my agility class there was also one! I think they are soo adorable!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

No, but I love those little BTs. I know Bckrazy has been contemplating adopting a BT, so you can PM her.

Re: the drooling. Oftentimes, dogs in nervous situations salivate heavily (drooling). My guess is that the BT elizabethann saw at the dog park wasn't quite adjusted with the enviornment, thus salivating. Lucky does this out in public but he never drools at home or in the summer.

my mom grew up with bostons and my grandpa had his last one a couple years ago. now hes got a gorgeous sable (almost brindle lookin) GSD
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your replys and compliments.

i dont own one,but there one of my favourite smaller breeds! We see a pup on our walks sometimes...sweetest little thing and another lady has 3 of them

I think there is another BOSTON LOVER here!
    I think a newcomer by the name of animal lady has one too!

Bostons are just ADORABLE!!! I work at a bording facility and we had to come by awhile back! A nice black and white and A brindle and white, I never knew they came in brindle. I read up on them and was impressed with the breeding done to create these guys. They are the cutest, and if I ws aloud I would definately look into adopting one! My land lady says chihuahua/Dachshund size only, the bostons tend to be taller and therefore "look larger" as she says....URK! I bet your baby is a sweetie, the pics are adorable, you should post some in your replies so we can see more of Beenie! Well, just wanted to comment,
    Cassie
    Luv dem Mutts!
    Life, Love and Animals!
    Website!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/cassieknipp1987
    [IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p55ee44e13669922dd2a003559e15c6e4/f3fe6076.jpg[IMG]

I bet your baby is a sweetie, the pics are adorable, you should post some in your replies so we can see more of Beenie! Well, just wanted to comment, [/QUOTE]

If you go to page 4 on DOG GENERAL to the thread:
    No Mommy, I don't want a bath, there are some pics of my lil baby!
    Thanks for the compliments CassieKnipp.[