Thread: AM I overreacting?

AM I overreacting?

Our guys get treats in the morning. Usually a hairball treat and one other. Nothing huge as far as amounts...Kunan did not go downstairs for treats this morning, he stayed on the bed near my feet. I called him and he came up for a little bit of cuddles then went back by my feet to go back to sleep. I got up and took my shower and when I came out he was still in the same place. I MADE him get off the bed and go down the steps (my goodness, did he grump about that...) he ate his crunchy treat but passed on the hairball treat, so I put Cat Lax on his paws as hubby said Kunan did bring up a little hairball earlier..Kunan then went back up to the same spot on the bed. Hubby said his ears were a little warm...so as soon as I got to work I called and made an appointment at the vet for tomorrow. Am I jumping the gun? Kunan is my big boy, he's just turned 10, he's the first pet that I actually raised from day one....so he's a bit special to me...can you tell?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

REacting to even the slightest change is NOT overreacting. Sometimes a quick trip to the vet can make all the difference. Not to mention peace of mind for the meowmies and dads. Good luck.

no, not at all in the slightest!! I've had Max/CAndy/Tom up at the vets even if I think they LOOK a bit sad or fed up and I don't therefore have a lot to say to the vet. To leave it and think, oh they'll be okay, honestly I wouldn't be able to work, sleep, eat...and so on. No, definitely take little puss friend up to get checked over. Any wee upset tummies like that I usually find are down to a diet of birds and mice. Hope all is okay!

laurax.

I agree with lbaker.....he probally does feel a bit under the weather but I do the same thing.....if my gut tells me my babies are not feeling well I call my vet.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

You are doing what every caring "parent" should - hope he's okay

ITS BETTER,TO BE SAFE,THAN SORRY.I NOTICED,THAT MRSCRAPPY,WAS LOSING WEIGHT,BUT I HELD OFF,FOR A MONTH,UNTIL THE DENTAL SPECIAL,WAS ON,AS THAT IS WHAT I THOGHT,THE PROBLEM WAS.THEN,THE VET SAID,THAT HIS BLOOD SUGAR,WAS 34,AND SEVERE DAMAGE,HAD BEEN DONE,TO HIS KIDNEYS,AND THAT HE HAD LOST 6 POUNDS.I FELT,AND STILL FEEL BADLY,THAN I DIDNT GET MY BEST FRIEND IN RIGHT AWAY,WHEN I NOTICED,THAT HE WAS LOSING WEIGHT.MY SCRAPPY,MIGHT STILL BE HERE,WITH ME.GUILTY CAT DAD.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You are not ove-reacting at all. You are being a terrific and responsible purrent. Let us know what the vet says.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Overreacting

Hi Trinity! No, you're not overreacting at all. We know our cats and when things aren't quite right we pick it up right away. If your kitty just isn't himself then definitely err on the side of caution and call the vet. Hopefully there's nothing to worry about, maybe kitty is just tired from doing kitty things during the night. But if your fuzzy buddy is sick, better to deal with it in the early stages and avoid bigger problems later on. What I see here is a responsible, caring pet owner doing the right thing. Please let us know what happens? My prayers are with kitty.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Kunan says thank you for all the well wishes...it turns out that my big buy, who weighed in at 23.6 pounds yesterday, has a hairball that isn't dissolving/moving along or what ever. So he has pills to take for a few days and gets two full paws of catlax twice a day for the next two days. If that doesn't help, my vet wants to do some bl;ood work as Kunan is 9 and it may be something geriatric starting...9? Geriatric? Oh my!!

Hey there, my "heart cat" Sunny lived to 21 yrs. Your boy will be fine. Geriatric? I don't think so Now aren't you glad you "OVER [NOT] reacted

Trinity I'm just now catching up but I'm glad to hear that it isn't anything too serious. At least I hope not!
    I was thinking the other day that my Sammy is almost nine and that is considered "old" by vets! We know better though don't we? They are just lazy kittens!!

Take your meds like a good boy Kunan!!
    Last edited by catcrazylady; 06-03-2005 at 07:19 AM.

I don't think you over reacted at all and it turns out you were right to have gotten your baby into the white coats so fast...

Any change in Amy and I am off to the vet with her. It breaks our hearts to see any of them under the weather. ANY change in how they act is a warning that something is wrong.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The white coats make it look so easy when they give them meds...got Kunan on the couch between me and the arm of the couch, got hold of his "snout" the way Dr Bartus did, pried open his mouth, and hubby popped the pill in. He wasn't swallowing for anything! So hubby takes hold and at the same timje is rubbing his throat to make him swallow...took a few minutes(although I'm sure it was actually only seconds) but Kunan finally gave in a swallowed it, but not until he had drooled all over hubby's hand, and down his wrist, and onto the couch and the carpet......