Thread: purina and iams boycott

purina and iams boycott

There are a few loose ends to this

It would be easy to envision a contracted animal facility not providing a stimulating environment for the animals. But what would be the purpose of such a facility in relation to dog food research? About the only thing I can think of is to make sure that feeding the dog food to the dogs didn't kill em. You couldn't validate calorie in take and effect of the food on blood chemistry because of the possible genetic differences between the breeds. The reported abuse experiements would have no scientific basis or reason to be performed.

The second loose end is if these things did occur they would be in direct violation of animal abuse laws. Why wasn't the contract company taken to court, or Iams as an accomplice?

The third thing that bothered me was at one of the sites one is suppose to pay some sum of money for the equivalent of bumper stickers or signs to protest. Why aren't they free?

Something doesn't add up about all of this.

Please note I have never bought Iams for my dogs, and never intend to- it's too expensive and not as good as the Propet brand. As per purina... yuk!

<<sigh>>>>

Here we go again with the PETA links....