Thread: kat splashes his drinking water!!!

kat splashes his drinking water!!!

Hi.
    One of our katz, Ozzy-oz has a drinking problem! we have a non-motorized waterer for the katz.
    When Ozzy goes to it, he slaps his big paws in it & gets water all over, including on the dry food, which then had to be thrown away.
    We can move the dry food away from the water, but does anyone know how to get him to stop splashing.
    I wish I could ask him exactly what he's thinking when he does this.
    Silly ol' kat!!
    Joe & Debbie
    Kit-Kat
    Flashy Pants
    Brutus Tutus
    Baby Zuessy
    Princy-Wincy
    Tabitha
    Ozzy-Oz
    MamaKat
    Ginger-Winger (dolly)
    Little Libby
    Little Sugar
    Miss Molly-our outside resident.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    LOL! Good luck! I've found when it comes to water, a cat's going to do what a cat wants to do! My Mishi now has me trained to keep the bathtub faucet running at al times. Sorry I can't help!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Thanks for replying.
    I'm sure you're right. It just would be nice to know what is going on in their furry heads.
    Our Brutus has to have his own special water bowl by our kitchen sink. It is a small bowl on a saucer. He uses his paw to partially tip the bowl to make it go "CLANK CLANK" at all hours. He also sleeps in the bathtub, loves pizza, & licks the brains out of yellow marshmallow peeps. ONLY the brains!
    I saw in a movie that pet otters make big messes with water because water has to be made to move & splosh about. Maybe Ozzy is part otter.
    Joe & Debbie
    Kit-Kat
    Flashy Pants
    Brutus Tutus
    Baby Zuessy
    Princy-Wincy
    Tabitha
    Ozzy-Oz
    MamaKat
    Ginger-Winger (dolly)
    Little Libby
    Little Sugar
    Miss Molly-our outside resident.

I don't know why, but ours used to do that when they were younger. Fortunately, they seem to have grown out of that habit. What a mess it used to be to clean up. However, Fluffy has not outgrown occassionally washing her mice in the drinking water. Oh well!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Sound like your kitty likes to play in water. Can you put a towel under the dish?

My cats wont drink out of the water dish, they prefer a coffee cup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ^..^ meow^..^

http://www.catster.com/?87868

My orange cat Sunny loves to play in the water dishes so I have to put them in a clean litter box. I thought that he's outgrow this bad habit but he'll be 5 in August and he still does it. I used to have a drinkwell fountain and had to stop using it because he would batt all of the water out of it and make a big mess.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

My Lilith is forever with her paws in her water dish. It have one of those that you attach a bottle of water to and if flows out into a basin. Well, I think she like to get the freshest water possible or something cause she sticks her paw as close to the opening as possible and tries to get at that water. What a mess she makes. I am thinking of trying a freshflow to see if she will stop but I doubt it. LOL oh well you gotta love with all their crazy little quirks.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Kat splashes drinking water

Hi! Like you, I often wonder what's going on in Groucho's mind. Not too long ago, we were using one of those food and water dishes that are both in one. We started finding the dish all over the place and couldn't figure out how it got to where it was. Turns out that Groucho figured out how to move it. If he moved it to the same spot all the time, we would have put it there but it was in a different location all the time. I talked to a few cat owners at work in an attempt to figure out why he was doing this. Someone suggested he was doing it because he could (makes sense). And since Groucho figured it out all by himself, he wanted us to be proud of his accomplishment. Well, we got heavier separate dishes for him and even though he tried, his dishes stay put. Wish I had an answer for you but kittys will do whatever they seem to think is fun. Maybe a change of water supply source is the solution?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

my avator cat, zephyra does that all the time! someways I didn't want to change or train her... it's so cute to watch her! well, it's easy for me to say that because I can't hear any clanks clanks!

but from my mind..if I want her to stop, I'd try a smaller (and heavier if she likes to move it too!) bowl, see how that goes?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Hello
    Thanks alot for all the replies.
    Lottsa cute stories & lottsa food for thought.
    Actually, Ozzy seems to have taken a little break from his drinking problem. Maybe he found a good 12 step meeting!
    He is such a funny kat. He is an ex-feral that we trapped in our garage as a kitten last summer. If he is walking by & you say his name, he'll suddenly fall to the floor w/a VERY audible thud (he is a very big kat), then he'll rollover on his back to give you his belly to rub. My wife has done a great job of properly spoiling him. He's big & klutzy & full of love.
    Joe & Debbie
    Kit-Kat
    Flashy Pants
    Brutus Tutus
    Baby Zuessy
    Princy-Wincy
    Tabitha
    Ozzy-Oz
    MamaKat
    Ginger-Winger (dolly)
    Little Libby
    Little Sugar