Thread: HELP - What food should I feed cat?

HELP - What food should I feed cat?

It seems like every food I buy is fine - maybe - for about a 4 lb bag then they start having stool problems. And that is about 2lbs per cat - 2 cats.... I have tried Natural Balance, Purina One, and Nutro Natural Adult, and Nutro MaxCat which they both promptly threw up in front of me so I guess that is out... haha So what all do you feed your cats? Your help - these bags cost a lot and I'm tired of trying and trying so I need your help on which ones are best for your cats.. Thanks so much!!! Debbie

You need to stick to one food, and if you are changing you need to ween them off the old and onto the new. They will always have stool problems when switching without a transition.

Odd that you are having problems with the Nutro Natural. Thats the only thing that keeps Allen's stool solid. Anything else and he gets smelly mush.

Well Mina and Kasie both get Purina Indoor mixed with weight control because Kasie is a tad bit on the heavy side.

Kim is right though. You need to stick with one brand for a while.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

If you look around in PetSmart, you will find several varieties of cat food for sensitive stomachs. Having said that there are a few that are pretty pricey.

I suspect as catnapper says you need to stick with one food, just as she said introduce it gradually and although you may have upset tummies at first, I have found sticking with it often they build a tolerance and are fine after that.

I have that sometimes even when I buy a new bag (Royal Canin Persian Food) even that can but not always can upset one particular kitties tummy.

My cats sometimes regurgitate their food when they eat too much. Are you free-feeding? Maybe limiting the amount at one feeding will help if that's the case.

I'd try sticking with one brand for a while, too.

mary

The Found Cats,get the Nutro Max Complete Indoor Cat Food,and once,in a while The Science Diet Chicken,and Rice.They likem,to have a Nice Mixture.And The Royal Canin Tooth,is all right.And The Kittens,Love The Eukanuba Chicken,and Rice.Lots,of variety at The Found Cat Hotel.The Outdoot Starry Cats,get Whiskas Canned,And Dry.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I agree with everyone that you need to stick with one food at a time. Changing foods drastically causes upset tummys. I swear by Nutro Natural Weight Maintance
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I know it is my fault because I also tend to give them whatever they scream for that I am eating. So like you all have said I will stay with Nutro Natural and NOT give them other stuff and see how that goes. Max does regurgitate his food while eating - he is eating too fast (I feed him only a little bit at a time and then he getts comfortable and will be able to free feed again soon) - but that will stop I'm sure when he gets comfortable again. Leaving him alone at home for a few days he started that eating too much too fast again that he did when he came from the pound. So no leaving him alone..... Thank you all. I agree with you and will stay with one food and no "treats" for a while and see how that goes... Debbie

my two kitties absolutley love "chicken soup for the cat lovers soul" . I buy adult light formula because someone named abby has a bit of a chubby belly , and buddy is concerned about staying slim and sleek . it is i think way too expensive, but then again, nothing but the best for my babies
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

A couple of mine have sensitive tummies, even Nutro made them barf.

All the cats, including my IBD Micah, eat Royal Canin's Special.

I do notice that when they eat or drink too fast, they tend to vomit.

Good luck finding the right food for them. It may help to stick to one for a few weeks to get then used to it.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

My Dad,always grumbled,that this was a waste,of time,for An Animal,whose Food Source,was a Mouse,that was not paying attention.But then he paid,for My Cats,Cornucopia Cat Food,which was 2.29 a Can.I miss My Dad.

Thank You,Grandpaw Tweedle.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS