Thread: A Milestone for Magic!

A Milestone for Magic!

Hi all

As you probably remember we had a real situation with Magic and the oven timer and telephone. She would lunge and bite us whenever the bells would ring. Well, with the change in invironment (came back to our Michigan Home) she was unsure enough to not bite us, she just would run around the table and whine when the phone rang. Now after three weeks of +R with shrimp and tuna flavored cat treats she no longer reacts to either bell in a negative way. She'll jump up, run around the table once and run to me and plop her butt down in front of me (as if to say well, where is my treat??) its sooo cute and I don't mind giving her one for being such a good girl.
    Last night we had a get together with 13 of my lady friends. I was dredding the time they would come to the door and ring the door bell, we don't have many visitors here and this would be the first time the door bell would be used by someone other than myself or Mom. Magic was leashed to me and I had mom ready to answer the door when the bell rang so I could treat magic at that time. Well low and behold when the door bell was rung she didn't even get up, just looked at me and then at the door and didn't even bark. After the first few ladies came in and all greeted her, I took the leash off and she simply lay down next to my chair and didn't react at all. Tho when someone new came in she would go greet them with a tail wag and a sniff. I was sooo proud of her I almost cried. We may have a relapse at some time in the future and I'll deal with it the same way I did here, but for now I'm one proud mama

Magic Bailey-Jane and Judy

Way to go!!!!

Good job Magic! We're all proud of you, especially your mommy
    Riley's Dogster page

Thanks Ashely!