Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh Mike!

Oh beautiful Mike! That teddy-bear face just tugs at my heartstrings. Russian Blues are such sweetie pies!

What an accomplished traveler you are, jetting from city to city. It takes a very special cat to do that.

Congratulations on your very special day, Mike Gruber!!

You all are very lucky!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

What a handsome fellow, and a super kitty, too. Congratulations on the decision to adopt a cat in need of a home. Didn't that work out great?

A couple of weeks back, Mike got of hanging out in ho-hum, humdrum places such as New York, Las Vegas and San Francisco and so he snuck away from his family, stowed away on an Alaska Airlines get and came up to see me.

We had a great time, hanging out with moose, swatting mosquitoes and breaking small chunks of ice off glaciers to chill our Pepsi.

"Hey!" I said one day. "Russia's just across the strait! Want to go to your ancestral homeland?" Boy, did Mike get excited! His tail was swishing, his ears were perked and his eyes were bright and wide.

So we headed on over and, boy, those Russians were impressed.

"Why, that is the finest American Russian Blue cat I ever seen!" One old reindeer herder praised. We were having great time, eating cavier, and swapping lewd jokes with folks that we met, and then we made the mistake of sitting down to dinner with a certain, jovial group.

A matronly lady began the evening with a vodka toast. "To Michael!" she lifted the bottle, "the most beautiful American Russian Blue cat in the world." Mike and I are both normally teetotalers, but we figured one toast could not hurt, so we joined in. Well, in Russia, there is no such thing as one toast and soon, the room was spinning, English and Russian words were weaving indicipherably about each other, and Mike was caterwauling, yowling, falling, landing on all parts but his feet and then he coughed up the most horrid hairball one could never imagine.

The next morning, we both woke up on the floor with terrible headaches. Mike started meowing for his Mommy, so I put him on a plane and sent him home. Otherwise, it was a great adventure, and Mike was among the best traveling buddies that I have ever had. I'd go anywhere with him again, but no more toasting.

A brief life history of Thunder Paws: http://homepage.mac.com/jimslim/PhotoAlbum3.html

Frostfrog! Thank you!

Your story of your exploits with Mike inspired me!

And then I checked out your buddy, Thunderpaws....
    How MARVELOUS!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Mike, it's no surprise that a handsome and suave model like yourself loves the camera! Wow aren't you a gorgeous kitty hunk! And on top of good looks it's evident you have quite keen intelligence, in addition to being well traveled! Sounds like you keep your humans well in paw . Mike, I hope you have an especially pleasant and rewarding day today to celebrate the spotlight. Congratulations on being our very handsome and debonnaire Cat of the Day!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Handsome Mike, you are so clever . . . and quite the jetsetter, too!!! As the racoons have taught you, food always tastes better if you can get your paws into it, as I can attest! Congrats on your special day, and enjoy!!!!!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I agree! Frostfrogs story of Thunderpaws is very touching.

If you have not checked it out, do so!
    Gail

radio receiver

would you please let me know where you found that wonderful radio receiver collar for mike? my email is [email protected]

what a handsome cat!

thnx
    jen