Thread: Brief Update...

Brief Update...

Hi everybody!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. We just got Internet access back at our new house after moving the weekend of May 6-8. We got disconnected from DSL May 6 and we were told we would be reconnected sometime the following week, but when it was time to be reconnected and still nothing was happening, I called, and they said that there was never a disconnect or connect order put in, and that our phone number was still under someone else's name for DSL! Then, we were told that we couldn't even get DSL in that area yet - it would be about a year before it gets out there - so if we wanted to stay with SBC, it would have to be dial-up, and let me tell you - once you have high-speed, there is no going back. So, our Internet was needlessly delayed because no one gave us the right information. How frustrating.

Anyway, we are now with high-speed cable Internet, which is a little more expensive per month, but it is faster, and it seems to be working out well so far. We just got that set up a couple of days ago. So, I have been working every day and trying to make some sort of dent in the unpacking when my husband and I are both home from work at night, but it's still a mess in there. Hopefully someday, our new house will be all beautiful and organized!! For now, though, it's just organized enough for us to live and find the necessities, etc.

The cats are adjusting beautifully. They love the 1.5 story with full basement thing b/c they get 2 staircases and lots of places to run and play and explore and lie around. They love overlooking the main level from the half story above. They were upset at first (we spent our first night in the house when we were moved enough to make sure and take them in at the same time - we all came in together), but they quickly started seeing the positive aspects to their new home.

I will probably have pictures at some point, but it won't be till after I get some organization in there. I have snapped a few random kitty pics here and there, though, so once I get some time to breathe, I'll share those with you (when they're developed) and be a more regular guest on here again. I hope you all are doing well and having a great spring with your kitty families!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

You will feel so much better about your self,now that you have Your Own House,and seeing Your Cats,enjoy themselves,will just add,to the pleasure,that you will feel,in your new abode.The Found Cats,and I want,to Con Catulate You,you,on the wisest purchase,that you could make,The only investment,that you can live in.

Great Mews Tht You,and Your Cats have Your Own Home!!!
    Last edited by catmandu; 05-19-2005 at 05:23 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

HELLO!!!!

Yes, kitties sure do love stairs!

Have fun organizing after the move. Looking forward to more updates and pictures.

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and I look forward to seeing pictures of your new home and also of your furkids.

Welcome back!! Glad you got the internet thing situated...that sounds frustrating!!

Can't wait for pics of the new place and the furkids enjoying their stairs! My cats would LOVE that!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Hey Jayna! I'm glad you guys finally got moved and it sounds like all is going well. You will have everything put away in no time. I know it doesn't feel that way now but it will happen.

I knew the kitties would have a ball with the stairs. It sounds like a heard of elephants going up and down doesn't it?

Glad you are back up and the worst is over. Update when you can and pictures soon!!!

Thanks everybody - I look forward to being on here more in the future. Right now it's so crazy! I promise to share pictures when I have them.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)