Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Indy!

Introducing Indy!

Hi all--I'm a newcomer to the forum here. I have a good friend who's always here and telling me about it, so I thought I'd have a go at it. I am proudly and happily owned by a 5-year-old dilute tortie named Indy. I got her when she was almost a year old at a pound in the San Francisco Bay Area. Acutally, that's a story in itself...more later. When I was at the pound, I didn't even notice her on my first pass of all the cages. The second time around, I saw her cowered in her litterbox--she blended right in (she's my camo kitty!) I opened the cage to get her out, and she clung for dear life to the edge of the litterbox. I got her into the "visitation area", and even as she was struggling to get away, she rubbed the side of her little face against my hand. I knew then and there she was going home with me. The people at the front desk told me she had been adopted and brought back. I asked why, and they said she had hid under the peoples' bed, and scratched them when they tried to pull her out....DUH. When I got her home (after a 300 mile car trip), she hid under my bed for 3 days straight, not coming out for food, water, or even to use the box (she held it for 3 whole days.) I have no clue what her background is, but I think it likely she was abused. She hates plastic bags. It has taken me a long time and a lot of patience, but she is such a social and pretty outgoing cat now. We have built an amazing trust and bond with each other. She is absolutely hilarious, makes the most human sounds I've ever heard out of a cat, has some of the softest fur ever, and is, of course, the queen of the house. As everyone here could, I could go on writing about her for pages--but I won't for now. Here's a few pictures of the little one:

Looking sassy as she so often does:

After a fresh catnip binge:

Oh--the funny part about where I got her: I was living up in Humboldt Co., CA (about 300 miles north of San Francisco), and I went to the local pound to get a cat, but found out they check with your landlord to make sure you can have a pet. So, I ended up going down to the Bay Area (where my family is) and getting Indy there. It was definitely meant to be! We're a perfect pair, and she LOVES my fiance. (Whevever my evil ex was present, she would run, hide under the bed, and not come out until he had been gone at least half an hour. Smart cat.) She is my precious gift--cheesy, I know, but it's true.

Looking forward to chatting here--M & I
    **Owned by Indy the CAT**
    International Wenches Guild, #3058

What such a great story. She's beautiful Welcome to pet talk Maryon and Indy I cannot wait to see more pics of her
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

first again...WELCOME HERE!! maryon?

and hi, I'm gina -- owned by an ark you can't love it here more nice rescuing story and looking furrward to hear, see and laugh more about indy!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Welcome! Indy is beautiful! You'll love it here! But word of warning, Pet Talk is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Welcome! We love new people and lots of photos!
    I'm Lisa and am currently owned by 3 kitties. Cammie is our tortie (Cammie is short for camoflage).
    I'm so glad Indy ended up in a kind and loving home. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Welcome,To Pet Talk,Maryon,and Indy,from the 15 Found Cats,The Starry Cat,and Angels,and we know,that you will like it here very much,as there are lots,of Fine People,and Wonderful Cats,and Kittens!

Last edited by catmandu; 05-17-2005 at 07:18 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Welcome,

Thanks for working with a scared, less than social cat. I bet she's incredibly grateful for your patience. That's all they really need is security and a chance to love.

Who is the friend that 'blabbed' about us?

WELCOME TO Pet Talk! She is a beautiful lady, and I can see from the photos how loved she is.

Welcome to PT!!!

Indy is beautiful and I'm anxious to see more of her.

I have 5 cats (Ripley, Jazz, Scout Rocky and Rumor) and a dog, Disney.

From Decker with Love

What a wonderful, heartwarming story of your Indy.

Welcome to Pet Talk Maryon. I'm sure you are going to love it here.

Indy is such a pretty girl. Bless you for having the patience and love for this wonderful girl.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Hi Indy! I need to see if I can find that picture of her in a sombrero
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Thanks for all the kind words and welcome! I will be posting more of her soon. She is so worth all the patience it took--now, you'd never know it was the same scared kitty--she's practically a social butterfly (of course, the first thing she does when there's someone new around is smell their feet.....mmmm.) I have a feeling if I hadn't come along, she'd have been put down eventually. But that didn't happen--there's no way I would have let it. She's the best, and I can't imagine my life without her.

My friend who spilled the beans--Uabassoon (aka Laura.) Yeah, find that picture of her in the sombrero!!! She looks so pissed off...wonder why? Isn't there one with a cowboy hat also?

You all have very gorgeous cats too! Can't wait to poke around more and see them all!
    --M

Indy is very pretty ... thank you so much for being patient with her and giving her the time to come out of her shell! I'm sure you have been rewarded many times over by now!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    Indy is very pretty ... thank you so much for being patient with her and giving her the time to come out of her shell! I'm sure you have been rewarded many times over by now!
    I sure have--every single hour of every day. Nothing like going asleep and waking up next to a soft purring furball!
    --M

Welcome! I am the ahppy servant to 6 little furrkids...and some day I hope to figure out how to put them in a signature...but until then...welcome to PT! (And I have to ask...due to your signature...are you a Rennie or SCAdian...or both?)