Thread: donations for homeless pets

donations for homeless pets

i was thinking of trying to make a donation to my favorite shelter that i know needs some help. i want to donate a large sum of money, but i don't know how to gather donations from people. if anyone knows how to do something like this PLEASE let me know!

btw, the shelter i'm wanting to donate to is the Terre Haute Humane Society in Terre Haute,Indiana. they were so good to me when i lived there and they have recently lost their rescue person and are having to PTS more dogs then normal
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

What a great gesture. I wish you the best of luck. Here's some ideas, hope it helps.

You can hold bake sales, hot dog sales, candy sales, or pretty much any food sales, car washes, garage sales, eating contests, can/bottle collection, or you can put collection cans around at local stores.

Hand out & hang up fliers around town asking for donations/items.

Also if you have any fairs or the like you can do booths, like face painting, craft sales or contests, food sales/contests. If there is a chaarge for a space/booth ask the people in charge and explain your situation they may donate a space for you.

If they need supplies you can put flyers up or see if you can mail flyers to everyone (I think it's called bulk mail or something) asking for items/foods and have a food drive type thing, or you can post a location for people to drop them off.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

thanks for the ideas!
    i've been thinking about doing this for quite a while, but never got around to it.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

i used to work for a major department store. i won't say which because i don't want to get my friend in trouble. i asked her one day what she did with the ripped open bags of dog food. i asked because i had just ripped one open with a pallet, dog food rollin' everywhere. anyway, she told me she taped them up the best she could and called the local shelter to pick them up, but only the hours she was working. she had asked permisson, but she said it depended on who was running the store that day. the bags are usually scanned off as a loss, and then thrown away. i know this is not a big help to your donation, but just a thought for people to think about with their local stores....

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Originally posted by Bigyummydog
    i used to work for a major department store. i won't say which because i don't want to get my friend in trouble. i asked her one day what she did with the ripped open bags of dog food. i asked because i had just ripped one open with a pallet, dog food rollin' everywhere. anyway, she told me she taped them up the best she could and called the local shelter to pick them up, but only the hours she was working. she had asked permisson, but she said it depended on who was running the store that day. the bags are usually scanned off as a loss, and then thrown away. i know this is not a big help to your donation, but just a thought for people to think about with their local stores....
    Quite a few stores in my area do that as well, most are smaller stores but our local Walmart donates! Actually from what I have heard from many friends & family that most walmarts donate their opened pet foods.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.