Thread: Cat Depression

Cat Depression

While back I posted about my cat Tom, he did infact have a stone in his stomach, so he had surgery to remove it and now hes healthier and happier than I am. Now my moms cat Sid, he used to be afraid of me for some reason. I never did anything to him and every once in a while he would let me pet him, but most of the time he would run and hiss whenever I would pick him up. While back he began to pee in the restroom on the floor and in the dining room. He never did that before. We talked to our pediatrician and he said it could be just a behavioral problem since we recently moved into a new houe after living in an apartment for many many years. ANd the neighborhood has a bunch of Tomcats straying about. So to get him back to using his litter, while we were off to work we would lock him in the room with his food and box to get him to use it again. but recently he has been meowing more than usual, a lot more. Now he wants to come into my room and he comes up to me and he allows me to pet him and stuff. PLus my other cat tom, who is fully better now, wants to play and he smacks Sid in the head and he doesnt do anything like he used to. They would fight before but now he doesnt do anything. IS he depressed? What could be wrong with him?

Sid is the white cat and Tom is the greyish one

Are both your cats neutered? It could be that they've both calmed down a bit. Intact (not neutered) male cats can be very aggressive, and will fight and spray in an effort to defend their territory.

As far as his meowing, that is probably in response to the unneutered males hanging around your place.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Are both your cats neutered? It could be that they've both calmed down a bit. Intact (not neutered) male cats can be very aggressive, and will fight and spray in an effort to defend their territory.

As far as his meowing, that is probably in response to the unneutered males hanging around your place.
    yeah they are both neutered. There is this female cat who is pregant so maybe that can be a factor. PLus sometimes the cats get under our house and make all sorts of noises. Well not anymore, put put fencing under around the house cause it is sort of lifed from the foundation a little. PLus Sid is just old, so it could be that. I think my moms had him for like 12 or more years. Thanks for the response

The Found Cats,react,like that,as they know,that there are unaltered Catscoming,on the Porch.Although,they never have become Dirty Cats,and they only fight,when they get,too close.Except,for Pouncette.who growls at everyone,and eats,like a wolverine.good Luck,with Your Cats.Cats can be depressed,keep an eye ,on them,and make sure that they are eating!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS