View Poll Results: What kind of Hair do you want on your Cat?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want long hair!

5 18.52%
  • I want short hair!

6 22.22%
  • I don't care!

16 59.26%

Thread: Long Haired Cats

I am from the Southeasteren United States.

Long Haired Cats

I have a long haired cat and love him! He is so cute and fluffy! I brush him and love him! If you have a long haired cat please tell me about him or her!

-Emiley

Granted, our short-haired is MUCH easier on our vacume and clothing, I wouldn't trade my long-haired Noah (the orange tabby in my signature) for the world. It's always fun brushing him, you know, it's like kissing a cobra, have to do it quick or while he's sleepy....or else.....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Misty is long haired. When she was almost a year we had to take her to the vet she really got sick. He said she is an overly clean cat and her system cannot keep up with her hair and she got constipated with all the hair she took in. We can happily say giving her hairball remedy and and special food with hairball stuff in it Misty has had no problems since. She is 5 yrs old now. I keep her brushed and love cuddling up to her.
    http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:31416
    Misty's Mom

Spencer/Chuck,
    Since Spencer is half Manx, does he have the double coat or undercoat? Could that contribute to the matting? Just read in Cat Fancy magazine's article on the Manx (thanks for posting the tip on that article, by the way) that the Manx double coat calls for regular brushing, so I'm trying to remember to keep Stump (shorthaired Manx) brushed. Fortunately he likes it. Anyway, just a thought.
    Cindy (aka Manxcat)
    household staff of Stump and Emmett

Hey Tutone, your shorthair sounds a lot like Stump in terms of the very thick fur and different colored undercoat. Stump is a tuxedo Manx; the coat underneath is definitely gray instead of black. When Stump and Emmett get into one of their wrestling matches, I can look at the tufts of fur flying around and figure out who got the worst of it (usually Stump!)
    Cindy (aka Manxcat)
    household staff of Stump and Emmett

my baby has long hair but i would prefer him to have short.

one of each

Luna is a long silky haired girl, and a pain in the you know what to brush!!! I've had other long haired cats and for some reason NONE of them liked being brushed! My own daughter says I brushed her hair to rough?? I don't think so but who knows!

Any way Joonier has short hair and she likes to be brushed but when she grows tired of it you'd better stop! MEOOOOW

As to which I like better..........I love both long and short! Heck I just love cats!!!
    > ^ . . ^ <
    Knock on the sky
    and listen to the sound!
    --Zen Saying

I don't have any Long haired Cats, only short and medium haired. I want a longhaired cat though.

I have 2 DSH, 1 DMH, and 1 maine coon which I guess is considered a long hair.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

We have one of each =)Dutchess is a Birman and Yum Yum is a Ragdoll/Siamese Mix

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

My Long hair girl

I just love this cat, and here's one of my favorite pictures! If any one has any tips on getting cats to enjoy brushing please share them!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    > ^ . . ^ <
    Knock on the sky
    and listen to the sound!
    --Zen Saying

Leonardo is my long haired baby, the other 3 all have short hair. Leonardo does have the honor? of having hairball medicine more often to keep him healthy. I just love my guys and don't care if they have long or short hair.

mylunalove,

The trick is to do it while they are sleeping....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Hi everyone.

I love longhaired cats!! I have three. One Persian and two Himalayans. Lots of work, but worth every minute!!

This is Sassy (left) my Tortie-point Himalayan and Brandon *brat* (right), my Seal-point Himalayan. Also Cal, my Calico Persian.

[IMG]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\New Pictures\Brandon and Sassy.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]Pictures\Beautiful Cal jpeg.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\New Pictures\Beautiful Cal jpeg.jpg[/IMG]

thanks NoahsMommy

Hey thanks for the tip! Luna wakes she has a keen 6th sense about the brush! I did get a few strokes in across her back before she totally woke up and gave me the look saying MOM you know how much I hate that, now please put those tools of tourture away!
    She is a super stinker!
    Any way her squriming and complaining does not stop me from brushing her out! Too bad little girl your getting your hair brushed!
    take care
    and thanks again!
    > ^ . . ^ <
    Knock on the sky
    and listen to the sound!
    --Zen Saying