Thread: thank you all for your replies and support...

thank you all for your replies and support...

..gosh thanks guys, ya'll have made me feel better about things. i know i'm justnot patient and wish this never happened, i want her to have her life back, and i'm really worried about putting her thru more pain with the surgery and the separation factor, she gets very depressed when we board her for just overnight,the vet is talking about 4 days and nights, at the time of the accident the vet wouldn't let me back to see her, i guess it was because the dog was in shock and they wanted her to calm down, but gee i can't bear being without her, i'm going to goout of my mine, i was not blessed with children, so this is my #1 daughter to me. also i don't know what to do about my other dog,amy. she's 2 years younger and is very depressed about not being able to roughhouse with jessie and go on the long walks, she's eating sporadically. she's a german shepherd by the way. any ideas to help her deal with this too, both dogs are extremely jealous of each other.

I understand you wishing that this never happened. That is what I thought when Jesse was gone. For Amy, I would say give her some alone time with you while Jessie is resting. Amy will get over it, that is how my dog Sammy was too. She was very jealous of Jes and then got used to it.

Jessie will not be in as much pain as you think! They give her loads of pain meds, and if I remember right, ours looked and smelt like doggy treats! Jessie will feel much better once her leg is removed though. It will no longer be a burden for her to carry around.

How much information do you have from your veterinarian with this operation, and when is it going to be done? Jesse was gone for five days (but that was because of two other emergencies that had to be done!) She was so out of it that she didn't realize what was going on. I will share more with you later, if you want. Just let me know! Don't worry, after a couple of weeks, you won't really even notice she's a three-legger!

Stephanie

Get better soon Jessie!

I agree with Jessie_3,

Scruffy was actually relieved after the operation. He was up and running the next day! Your baby will probably take longer, but she will bounce back.

When she comes home, rub them both with a wet wipe so they both smell the same. Otherwise Jessie will smell like the hospital to your german shepherd.

Let us know how she's doing.

Mary

How is Jessie feeling?-Is there any news?