Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

Little Sammy, you look sooooooooo precious in that pretty dress!!! Hugs and kisses and lots of prayers being sent your way. How wonderful to hear to words, "Then maybe we can go home" from your mommy! I don't think we could ever thank God enough for bringing you this far. May He ALWAYS take care of you, and bless you with a long life, full of love and happiness.

I think you are tired, little girl, but I can also see some mischief coming back- and that looks like a wonderful thing to me

bless her little heart...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

**Wagon Rides**

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 at 12:58 PM EDT

Hello; I'll try to post while Sam is napping.

Her trach was downsized and capped, and should come out entirely tonight or tomorrow morning. So far she's doing well w/the transition. They are stopping her feeds for hours at a time, in the hopes that she'll begin eating by mouth; they are also stopping them before & after meds, in the hopes that will curb some of the vomiting, which is still a problem. (She often vomits after she gets her meds.)

Sam was officially given "out of room" privileges Monday,
    w/restrictions, of course, as she's still in isolation. (We do follow some of the rules.) She's been in lots of wagon rides out to the play deck on our floor, and she's enjoying that. It was her first time outside since early May; she was wearing her sunglasses, and looked very Hollywood, according to the staff.
    There are only 2 things she's interested in now: wagon rides and Sprite,
    which she now drinks from a big-girl cup, as she has boycotted the sippy lid.
    The thrush seems to be clearing, as she's opening her mouth again, and ate a little apple sauce today.

She's also speaking;
    today she said "please" when she wanted more Sprite. (She's also crying again at full volume! Never thought I'd be happy to hear that sound.)

The plastic surgeon saw her during a wagon ride, and checked her over in the wagon, and said the skin looks great. A finger on her left hand is tightening, though, and soon she will start wearing a splint on it at night, so she doesn't lose any range of motion there.

Her meds are continuing to be tapered, and she should be off them by 8/21, if all goes according to schedule. We should move back over to the A bldg. by the weekend, after the trach is out and she's been observed a couple days.

Some not-so-good news:
    pseudomonas is back in the stool, and
    her kidney test results showed that function is pretty weak, and she's likely looking at long-term dialysis. This is disappointing, though not totally unexpected. Her kidneys took such a hard hit during this illness.

Thanks for the continued prayers,
    Jessica

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wagon Rides
    FASTER, Mommy ... Go Faster!

Glad there's some GOOD News to pass around!!

**GO*, Sammy!

---------------------------------------------------------------
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Sammy- that sounds as if the good life slowly is coming back. Sprite and wagon rides.

Way to go.

Awww, Sammy! I would love to hear you say, "Please"!!! What a polite little girl! Keep getting better. You are always in my prayers.

Sammy and family you are always in my thoughts and prayers and I will never stop praying for you. (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Hello Sammy - you look very pretty in your pictures. Brody, Tobey, Nemo and Duncan have all asked me to send you great big "get well soon" kisses from them. Keep fighting sweetheart
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

August 05, 2005 at 01:06 PM EDT
    Sam's down for a much-needed nap after a busy morning. For the second day in a row, she's been happy, smiling and playing, and saying lots of words. She's more alert w/each passing day, and we are really seeing our Sam now, complete w/familiar expressions, antics, etc. Wagon rides continue to be a hit. The trach came out shortly after my last posting, without incident or complications, so it's been @48 hours now; we will move back to A South as soon as a room is available. Sam also sampled a tiny bit of Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes today, but liked playing with it more than eating it; however, Dad came by at lunch and tried some orange Jello w/her, and she seemed to like that. There is still some vomiting, mostly after some kind of "stimulation," like meds or coughing. In other news, they are going to redo the kidney function test, because they are questioning its accuracy; they think she produces a greater quantity than the test indicated, so we'll see what happens w/that. Let's hope for a happy, playful weekend for Sam.
    Thanks,
    Jessica

Sounds good!

I would like to specifically ask that prayers be lifted up for restoration of Sam's kidney function! Thanks.

Johanna

Wow, I missed the pictures somehow, but I'm glad I saw them now. What a beautiful little girl, she actually looks better than I had imagined she would at this point. All I can do is to echo others, bless this little angel's heart and thank God for all the miracles he has provided for her. She is in my continued prayers, and the day she goes home with Mom and Dad will be a day of rejoicing all around
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I would like to specifically ask that prayers be lifted up for restoration of Sam's kidney function! Thanks. Johanna
    Although I have not posted in this thread for such a long time, know that little Sammy and the rest of the family have been in my daily prayers. Special prayers going out for the kidneys.

Thank you all for keeping this thread updated.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I would like to specifically ask that prayers be lifted up for restoration of Sam's kidney function! Thanks.

Johanna
    I will be praying for her, as always!!!! So good to hear another good update! Hugs to all of you.

I too, have not been posting, but when I receive the updates form the care pages I always read them first. Samantha is always in my thoughts and special prayers for her kidneys will be added. Thanks for the new pictures.

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent Sammy's way.