Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

Bus Trip! ~ Sam's headed to ReHab!!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 at 11:05 AM EDT

Well, it looks like Sam is heading to rehab tomorrow;
    the rehab folks came by this a.m. to give me the news.
    This is such a big step for her. I've been told they work miracles in rehab, and that the staff is excellent. Send extra strength Sam's way to help her work hard so she can come home!

In other news, the GI docs seemed to think the vomiting was due to one of her tubes dipping down into the wrong area;
    that has been remedied.

Her catheter has been removed, and
    she's now going in her diapers again, like a regular toddler.
    She's having dialysis right now, and it looks like they have a M-W-F schedule in mind; I haven't heard any news about the collection they tested, to see how well she's "clearing."

They also removed her central line, as she has less meds coming in now,
    and they don't need as many ports.

So it looks like a big week for Sam!
    She's been very alert this morning, and was getting very excited,
    waving her arm around and blowing me kiss after kiss;
    maybe she heard that she's getting out of ICU!

I'll miss the wonderful ICU people who have given her
    such excellent care thus far,
    but I've promised to bring Sam back for visits --
    they threatened to track us down if I didn't!

Thanks,
    Jessica

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh ~ WW!!

ReHab, Here We Come!!

ReHabbers note: Prepare to have your Hearts STOLEN!!

ICUers note:
    Many, MANY *THANKS* to you Guys & Gals for
    all you've done for Sammy!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I'm just thrilled to hear this news. Sammy's leaving the PICU! Yay!!! Another big step in the positive direction.

Things are getting better and better for baby Sammy!!! My prayers are still with her!

Thats great!!! Stay strong Sammy!!

It's so great to continue hearing positive news! Samantha is still in my prayers.

This is wonderful news!!! I'm so thrilled for Sammy and her family and hope she continues to improve more each day.

Sweet, beautiful Sammy, those are such great news!
    Many gentle hugs going your way with best wishes for the recovery to continue so you can go home soon.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

This good news just warms my heart. I can imagine how it must make you and your family feel.

What a precious little girl.

VERY good news. Sammy- life is getting a little more normal again

I'll blow kisses your way, Sammy! Onward to Rehab, a new group of people to charm! Keep getting better and better, Sammy!

From the CarePages, today at 12:06:

Of course, like the weather in Cincinnati, the plans for Sam change by the hour, too. Shortly after I posted yesterday, I learned that since they can't do dialysis on the floor in rehab, they were having difficulties scheduling Sam once she transferred: the dialysis unit has a tricky schedule, and the nurses there don't deal with trachs a lot; the other choice was to bring her back to ICU for dialysis, but that's a major headache in terms of expense for room turnover and things of that nature. (Not to mention that once Sam vacates a room, everything has to be scrubbed down/sterilized/burned/thrown away due to the infection in her stool.)Anyway...the new plan was to move her tomorrow, right after dialysis; that way, the kidney docs get a last dialysis in before the transfer--they want to then try to let her go a week w/out dialysis, and see how she does. That would all have been swell, except that her admitting rehab doc won't be in tomorrow, and--just to add another twist to the saga--she's vomiting again (puked so hard her feeding tube fell out), so now they've scheduled an upper GI for this afternoon, so they can make sure there's nothing anatomical causing this. Of course, it's better to tie up all these loose ends before the transfer, and we want a resolution as far as the vomiting. Everyone agrees she belongs in rehab, though, so it's just these few last-minute snags...arrgh...but the plan, at this minute, is to transfer her Monday morning, 9 weeks after her admission to the hospital. Other than that, she ran a fever last night, but brought it down on her own again, w/no meds. She had a nice bath this morning, and we gave her a much-needed shampoo, and then I made my best effort at braiding her hair, so she now looks like a little Swiss Miss. She's also getting quite good at brushing her teeth by herself, and really enjoys it when I "dance" w/her by moving her arms around--she was all smiles for that. Send some prayers her way for a quick fix for the GI problem, and a calm weekend in the ICU before she begins the next chapter. I'll try to post again later if I get any news today.
    Thanks,
    Jessica

Still in our prayers, we're so glad you're getting more and more time off from dialysis, and hope that the tests show your kidneys are working as they should!

Oh, Mommy Jess, we need Swiss Miss Sammy pictures!!!!!

Oh how difficult that must be- one one hand Sammy being healthier and wanting to be more active, on the other hand all these "loose ends". And of course it's better safe than sorry.

So a little more patience is required (something I never have )

Little Sammy, you are still in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

Re: I cannot believe I have not noticed this thread until now

Originally posted by sasvermont
    I have just finished reading all of the patient updates. What a story. Oh my gosh.

I will never complain about anything, ever again. This family has gone through so much. I will never forget this family and their precious child Samantha.

It will take me weeks to comprehend what is going on with Samantha. What a sweet, innocent child. Oh my.

This truly puts things in perspective.
    Gosh, for me too! Bless her little heart! Loads of healing prayers and thoughts are on the way to dear Samantha. I can't even imagine...

**hugs**

Sammy and her family are constantly in my prayers.