Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

I'm glad to hear that she is improving.
    You are all still in my prayers.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

That is such good news! Stay strong little Samantha you can do it! More prayers on the way.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

This is wonderful news!!! Sammy continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you

I just can't effectively communicate how much it means to me that you are following this horror with us. Everyday is either a really, really 'high' or a really, really 'low', and it is exhausting at times. My sister has been like a rock through it all, never faltering, always faithful, though, of course, at times, scared beyond belief.

It is nearly unfathomable, the experience. It is beyond words at times. I am so thankful that the doctors are finally talking about Sam leaving the PICU. It will be a long road to recovery, estimated at 6-12 months in the hospital, alone, then rehab at home.

I am sure my sister and Rob appreciate all the love and support pouring in from around the world. I do believe it has made a significant difference.

Thanks again for standing so strongly behind us.

Love,
    Johanna

Johanna,
    Sammy is a little girl that has touched my heart so deeply. Though I have never met her, it truly feels like I have. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this time has been for your sister and brother-in-law, and of course, for your whole family. I won't ever stop praying for Sammy until she is 100% better, and back home, no matter how long it takes. It brings me tears of happiness when I think of her great improvements, but of course, she still has a long road of recovery ahead of her, and still needs lots of prayers. Rest assured that those much needed prayers will continue. May things get better for all of you soon. I can't wait till the day we hear Sammy has returned home from the hospital. That day will be a day of celebration, and we'll all be celebrating for her, here on PT too. Stay strong, and remain faithful!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

My prayers and thoughts are with Sam always! God has special plans for Sam, I just know it.

Keep faith and hope!

DJF

Dear Johanna,

Sammy has reached out and gripped the hearts of all of us.
    The entire situation is so difficult to accept - but it "is" - so we, feeling entirely helpless, can only offer our prayers and reach out to your family.

As I have said so many times, just thinking about Sammy reduces me to tears - either from the sadness of a down day - or the high of reading that she smiled for her Mom - or waved to the nurses.

There are days when it is really difficult to open the care pages to read the latest update. But, then I think of what your whole family is going through and I am filled with guilt - and open it up anyway.

I don't think there is anyone who would not be touched by Jessica's strength. What an example she has become for all of us.

You're welcome Johanna! Little Samantha has touched our hearts!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

We're still thinking about Baby Samantha.

I truly think about Samantha every day. I read her updates FIRST before anything else. I wonder (with awe) how your family is even surviving this tragedy. I pray for you all to be strong, as that is really all you can do.

HOORAY -- way to go, sammy!!

I've not checked in for awhile, it was hard for me to keep checking daily but always prayed/praying hard for her daily.

I agree with poppy, I feelike I've been around the hospital with you guys...wow. I was going to ask if by any chance when sammy will be going home...but johanna answered, 6-12 months!?

you people have a long, long journey to go..we all will keep and be pulling you all along with us!

I only want to hear and hope to see a new thread that she is home very soon!! thank you jessica so much for updating us as much as you could.. I know this can be hard but it's getting easier as long as your little super sammy's getting better!

(ps; I wonder how often does sammy and her family check out our thoughts? daily I hope, this helps them!) --
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Wednesday = More Good News >>>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 01:54 PM EDT

Sam continues to do well,
    and has spent a couple of nights off the vent completely;
    in fact, she is off the vent more than on it these days.

The diarrhea is improving; they think it might have been due to the methadone being given in such large amounts at one time, so they are handling that differently, and it seems to help. (Her stool hasn't tested positive for anything at this point.)

Apparently, yesterday was her last whirlpool treatment --
    the plastics doc says her skin is looking good.

Sam had a wonderful visit w/Uncle John, Aunt Toni and cousins Jamie and Jordan last night, and was busy today w/OT, PT and speech therapy, where they are mainly working on getting her to eat --
    she managed some milk today, and maybe a lick of mashed potatoes.

She was wiped out from all the other therapy,
    and really just wanted to sleep.
    She will have dialysis again tomorrow, and
    that's about all the news today!

Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts!!
    Jessica

------------------------------------------------------

WOW!
    That's a LOT of Good News for one day!!

GO ~ Sammy!!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Im glad of hearing that you're doing well, Sammy...

She's a real fighter, and of couse she's in my thoughts
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

It's so good to hear this great news, stay strong sweetie!
    More prayers on the way..
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thursday, and Sam's Doin Good!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 09:45 AM EDT

Sam is still a bit tired, and is taking a snooze
    in her bouncy seat as I type. She's gone 4 days w/out dialysis now, and they are going to try and hold off until tomorrow; they will use a couple medications today to control her potassium, as she's a bit puffy from that, but her "numbers," kidney-wise, are stable. They are going to do a 24-hour pee collection to see just how the kidneys are doing in terms of flushing things out.

Her bp is up a little, likely due to increased fluid volumes; she's working a bit harder to breathe, but this is to be expected--she's essentially off the vent now, and going at it on her own. The plan is still to transfer her to rehab, probably next week.

I get good-morning and good-night kisses from her (plus the million kisses I force upon her in between!), and when she's not napping, she's fairly alert. She's working very hard to get out of the ICU (though we will miss the amazing staff),
    so keep the prayers coming for her continued strength!

Thanks,
    Jessica

--------------------------------------------------------------

Keep up the Good Work, Sammy!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy