Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

From the CarePages:

42 June 21, 2005 at 10:08 AM EDT
    Sam had a rough night, and was in a good deal of pain; there will be another meeting w/the pain team to iron out a better plan. It's horrible to see her like that and be powerless to help. She's much more comfortable this morning, and is finishing up a round of dialysis. The major events this week will be continued hemodialysis, a trach tube change, and more tweaking of the pain control plan. I'm thinking plastics will be checking the graft sites again, too, perhaps later this week. Hopefully they will find a way to keep Sam comfortable around the clock--that's my biggest concern right now.
    Thanks,
    Jessica

Prayers for relief on a more steady basis from pain, oh, Sammy, we love you, and your mom and dad, too. Bless the doctors and nurses in whose care she rests, and help them help her.

Sometimes I truly have difficulty reading the updates from the Care pages.

This morning, all I could think of is what Jessica must be going through every minute - and I was ashamed of myself.

I have and will continue to pray for Sammy and her family.

Samantha Prayers

Pleanty of Prayers & whisker kisses coming from myself & all my babies..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sammy needs more Prayers ~ right **NOW**

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 03:01 PM EDT

Sam is still not doing great;
    she has had high fevers since yesterday,
    and they think a new infection may have set in.

She's back on the antibiotics. She's more sedated now, and on higher doses of pain medication, so at least I don't think she's hurting too much. The Dr also pointed out that at her age it's hard to differentiate between physical pain, fear/anxiety or even hallucinations (caused by the drugs), as far as when she cries. Not that any of that makes it easier to bear.

She's on her way down for a bone scan, because radiology detected a darkened region on the femur, which could be infection or just more necrosis.
    Either way, it's not good.

She will continue treatment at Children's;
    she will not be returning to Shriner's, mostly due to politics, and the plastics team here has done everything so far and feel it's best to continue w/the same team.

Her trach hasn't been changed yet; ENT is busy in another ICU pod.
    Her hemodialysis went okay again; they may not come again until Friday.
    At this point, whirlpool should resume tomorrow, and the plastics team
    is also supposed to look at her again at that time.

I wish I had better things to report,
    but Sam is having a rough time.
    Please continue prayers.

Thanks,
    Jessica

--------------------------------------------------------------

{{{Hugs}}}, Jessica - for you, Rob, and of course, Sammy.
    Prayers on the way.

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

We are still here Sammy- with the PT web of thoughts and prayers especially for you. I am sure that you can feel it like the softest of blankets.

Poor Sammy, more prayers, fervent prayers for the infection to go away, for there to be no more necrosis, for healing and for peaceful sleep for the sweetie.

{{{hugs}}} Sammy. Prayers for you, dear one.

Being new to the site I was just clued in on this situation...Add continuous prayers from Lexington, furry critter-type and otherwise. I pray that God will guide the hands of the nurses and doctors treating Samantha and bring healing to her little body. I also pray for strength and courage for Samantha and family...with prayer all things are possible.

Jennie Lu
    Give me your tired, your abandoned, your unwanted and I will give them a life of love.

My angels: Audie, Cheerio, Cherokee, Cobra, CoCo, Ginger, Noel, and Sam - You will live in my heart forever

More prayers and {{{hugs}}} to you dear, Samantha.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

From the Care Pages:

June 23, 2005 at 11:38 AM EDT
    Sam was still having trouble w/fevers during the night, but tylenol and a cooling blanket seemed to help. The bone scan was pretty much inconclusive; they are treating her w/antibiotics as if there's an infection there, but may have to do an MRI to confirm. In a worst-case scenario, surgery might be needed, but nothing's definite yet. They changed her trach yesterday, and all is fine w/that. She will have dialysis again shortly; she's been having it for @2.5 hours daily--the goal is to have her on a regular Mon-Wed-Fri schedule. There is some good news today: she went back to whirlpool, and the plastic surgeon was "very pleased" w/how her skin looks; the new grafts look great, and overall, that end of things is going very well. We are very happy that he will be continuing her care. Sam's resting quietly now, and hopefully that will continue the rest of the day. As always, thanks for your continued prayers.
    Jessica

That sounds a little better update, more prayers coming ...

More prayers on the way. {{{hugs}}}
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I just found this thread. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. Childrens Hospital in Cincinnati is the best place for sick children. They do wonderful work.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Still praying. Good to hear a little better news!

Please, God!

Latest update:

45 June 24, 2005 at 11:46 AM EDT
    Things went well in whirlpool again, and plastics remains pleased w/her skin progress. Orthopedics took a bone marrow biopsy yesterday, and will give it @5 days to culture; the likely infection would be osteomyelitis, which is common in kids w/her condition. It may require surgery in order to remove the infected part of the bone, but we don't know yet. As long as they deal w/the infection, that's all that matters to us at this point. Hemodialysis continues to work well, but there's been a startling development--Sam is making her own urine, and a pretty good amount of it. This started yesterday after the catheter went back in, but it's possible it's been going on a little while, as she often didn't have a catheter in, and the stool output might have been hiding it. I actually saw her urinate yesterday while I was checking her diaper, but then thought maybe I was seeing things. Please keep those prayers coming, as we're really hoping this might mean good things for her kidneys. Sammy deserves a break about now. Other than that, we'll be waiting for the biopsy results, and continuing whirlpool and dialysis. They are again trying to cut back a little on all the drugs, but closely monitoring for any signs of pain, so her little eyes are open more, and with only 1 tube in her nose, we can kiss her fat cheek again.
    Thanks,
    Jessica

Please, God, let her kidney functions be restored, please!

Johanna, my prayers for little Sammy and her family have never ceased and I just know that God will work another miracle.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.