Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

That poor girl I am holding Samantha close in my prayers as well as Johanna and Family. (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

We said a prayer for Samantha and family during our ChristCare group meeting at church this evening. These prayers will continue for as long as needed.............
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Many more prayers and healing vibes for Sammy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Still sending prayers to the family. I hope everything works out.

Still hoping and praying for little Samantha. So sorry to hear about all the setbacks, but it sounds like she's a real fighter and isn't going to let this beat her!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Still praying for you, Little Sammy, each and every day. Get well soon little one!

Sammy UpDate from the Hospital CarePage ~

May 23, 2005 at 02:55 PM EDT

It has been exactly 2 weeks now; it feels like a year. They have done a decent job stabilizing Sam again, and everyone is of the opinion that surgery needs to be asap. It looks like we'll be heading back to Shriner's, as the chief of plastics here says that Shriner's is really the best place to handle this--they do this all the time, and it is their world-renowned specialty.

Our concerns earlier had been their insistence on doing the surgery Saturday morning, despite Sam's failing vitals; we've been told that they are aggressive this way in dealing w/skin issues, and that doctors often disagree. The chief attending here told us, in his opinion, he would not have approved of surgery Saturday morning, but he added that other doctors would. It's a very delicate balance of the need for surgery to deal w/the tissue problem, which can make Sam sicker, and the need to keep Sam stable in other areas.

They are going to try to schedule the surgery for shortly after she's off dialysis, so she doesn't have so much time to spike a temp, fall in pressure, etc.; that's what happened last time, as she was off dialysis when she was discharged from Children's, and remained off overnight. They are going to try to either: take her off dialysis, transport and operate immediately; or take her off dialysis, transport, put her right back on at Shriner's, until surgery. (She can't be on dialysis during transport or surgery.) Calls are being made, and as soon as they work something out, they'll tell us.

I'll post again when all this is settled. As always, thanks for keeping us in your prayers; words can't describe how much everyone's constant support means to us.

/s/ Jessica

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prayers still being offered.

/s/ Phred

Prayers and more prayers for you little Sammy!

A new update:

8Â_ May 23, 2005 at 06:39 PM EDT

Now it appears that the plastics team at Children's will do the first surgery sometime tomorrow afternoon; they talked w/Shriner's, and have ultimately left it up to us--Shriner's can't operate until
    Wednesday, but Children's can do it tomorrow, and time is of the essence. Shriner's also said they needed to talk to us before readmitting, to make sure we were all on the same page or whatever; we just want what's best for Sam, regardless of some of the misgivings/misunderstandings or whatever it was at Shriner's. I'm sure they won't be thrilled that we're letting Children's do the first surgery, but the chief attending here has told me that Children's has a top-notch plastics team as well, and I have enormous faith in Children's. They do think the follow-up and rehab should be at Shriner's, though; we'll see if they'll still help us at that point. We just don't have the patience for all the politics; Sam is all that matters. It's really a day-by-day thing at this point; I'll post again after surgery, assuming Sam stays stable thru tonight and tomorrow. Keep the prayers coming full-blast.
    Jessica

Our prayers are still coming, and especially will be tomorrow afternoon.

The prayers continue to come, full-blast. God will take care of you, Little Samantha. Good luck and best wishes.

xoxo

Prayers and candle still going strong. I will especially be thinking of little Samantha tomorrow. May God be with her and the family.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

What a roller coaster ride for the whole family. Sammy remains in our thoughts and prayers.

Please know you have my continued prayers for Sammy and for your entire family.

Samatha is still in my thoughts and prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Prayers still coming.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..