Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

Any update today?? Still have Samantha and her family in our prayers.

Logan

How is Sammy today, Johanna? Any updates?

Still praying for Sammy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I've been checking the Carepages... no updates for yesterday or today! How is our Sammy doing????

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

From FRIDAY MAY 20, 2005

Sam's vitals continue to be strong, and she's much more alert now--her eyes open and she looks around, and tries to move. She also responds to our voices. She is still on pretty heavy sedation and pain relievers, so she should be comfortable, but even on all the , she still manages to wake up here and there, though not completely. It's both a comfort and a concern to us; we love to see her open her eyes, and it's a good sign neurologically that she's doing all that, but at the same time, we to think she might be feeling any pain at all, even occasionally. She may be transferred to Shriner's today; the doctors at both places have been discussing it, weighing all the pros and cons, and wading through the various politics involved. Sam's case is fairly complicated, so it's not an easy decision, but everyone feels Shriner's has the expertise needed to deal with the most pressing concern right now, which is her skin/limbs. She's still on dialysis, but can continue that there, as the kidney team can consult at Shriner's as well. Shriner's is state-of-the-art, and can offer Sam her best chance at rehabilitation. I just spoke to some of her drs. minutes ago, and they think she should be transferred asap, so we'll see. The longer we wait on dealing w/the skin issue, the greater the chance of another infection, so time is of the essence. I will post again when she's moved; please continue to pray for her, as she still has a long journey ahead. Thanks so much, everyone, for all your kind thoughts and prayers. I know that Sam can feel how much she is loved.
    Jessica

Hugs for Sammy. I hope they make a decision soon.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That sounds complicated but you seem convinced that the moving is what is best for her- so we wish you all good luck for that!

Thanks for the update! I'm still praying for Sammy everyday. Hopefully they'll be able to make the best decision regarding her transfer to the other hospital.

Thanks for the update, and give her parents hugs from all of us, and tell them the Prayer Pawtrol is still at work for Samantha!

I just have to say, when Mayor Karen put her prayer pawtrol (and specially her Bell Ringers) on the job, my daughter-in-laws' condition changed for the very much better. Don't mean to put anything on you, my friend Karen ... but sometimes one just has to believe. And I do.
    Last edited by lbaker; 05-20-2005 at 07:06 PM.

I just went to read the update and they posted that Sammy is going to have her legs amputated from the knee's down tomorrow morning.
    May God be with this family and precious little Sammy. What a horrible thing for them all to have to endure.
    Prayers are still coming for you all Johanna and my thoughts will be on nothing else tomorrow. God Bless.

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    I just went to read the update and they posted that Sammy is going to have her legs amputated from the knee's down tomorrow morning.
    OMG! Major sadness. I am so sorry to hear this. What a dreadful disease to take a little girls' legs. God be with you all, and help you all to be strong. Remember that even with this tragedy, Samantha is still alive and with you, and THAT is what is the most important.

Friday evening,
    It is with an incredibly heavy heart I post the following:

We are now at Shriner's, and Sam is set up in her new ICU room. She has been thoroughly examined by their experts. We are saddened to report that in order to save Sam and keep infection from setting in, they have to remove all dead tissue; unfortunately, this means they have to amputate both legs from the knee down, as the tissue/muscle, etc. is dead. Even though we were warned of this possibility/eventual probability, we are numb with grief, and this is why we haven't accepted any visitors today. I think, while at Children's, we stayed focused solely on Sam's survival, and now we are faced with the harsher realities, and words can't adequately describe the heartache we are feeling tonight. We just ask for a little time to be with each other, and support each other through this. Surgery is set for 9:15 tomorrow morning. Please continue to hold Sam close to your heart. I will update again after surgery.
    Jessica

Oh Jessica,

I am so sorry. I am holding you close(Sam, and your family) in my thoughts and prayers. ((((Hugs))))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I can't begin to fathom what you and your family are going through right now.

Prayers for you and Sammy and your entire family.

These are not the droids you were looking for