Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

1. I check two or three times a day for news. Come on Samantha.....please.....

Samantha continues to be in my daily prayers. I wish there were more I could do... I am praying for her with all my heart, as well as her parents and you Johanna.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I don't quite remember seeing a post by Johanna announcing Sammie's arrival in the family, but...Johanna and I exchanged several emails during that very exciting time, and I know Jessica went to China to adopt Samantha some time in December...so its been around 5 months now.

Little Sammie, I continue to pray for you. Please get better soon.

Dear God, You are the most Merciful, the most Compassionate. The lives and health of all of us are in none but Your Hands. It is in Your mercy and grace that we enjoy good health. Only You have the power to turn an illness into good health. In Your mercy and grace, Dear God, we ask you to please restore little Samantha's health. Please have mercy on this little girl, and on her family. Please God, please, protect Samantha's limbs, and please restore her health completely. Grant strength and patience to her family, and please shower all your love and mercy on them at this difficult time. Dear God, please, forgive us for our mistakes, and accept our prayers. Amen.

I am praying for you Samatha and for your family.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh Dear God, please don't let this precious little girl loose her limbs.

Prayers still for you sweetheart and your family.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

My heart is so heavy as I read this. The situation hits very close to home for me as my husband and I are in the process of adopting from China ourselves. I will be praying for little Samantha. God can do great things.

With permission, I would like to cross-post this on a China adoption group that I am a member of. The more prayers, the better.

Hi. It is Cataholic, under mom's name.

I just got back from the hospital. Jessica and Rob left to go home for a few hours- they live about an hour away. They have two other children (Rob's from a previous marriage) 3 dogs and 3 cats. So, they are pulled in so many directions, but, obviously, Sammy is their top priority. I volunteered to sit with Sammy while both parents were gone.

Sammy really had a great day- stability wise. Her 'numbers' are where the doctors want them to be, though sometimes she is medicated to get them there. Most importantly, her BP is stable. She will be on a ventilator for several weeks. Because of the open wounds (for drainage) and the vent tube, she is 'at risk' for infection. The doctor told my sister last night that he felt she was past the most critical part of the infection, and now it is just recovery from the damage done, the possiblility of limb loss, organ failure, burn treatment (see below), and the unknown. BUT, the doctor thought she was past the critical point! And, she is alive!

We are very blessed here in Cincinnati. Not only do we have Cincinnati Children's Hospital (one of the world's best pediatric facilities), but, we also have a Shriners Burn Hospital right next store! The doctor said to Jessica, "not next week, but, **maybe** the week after that, Sammy will be moved to Shriners for treatment". That is the first time someone has uttered a positive message, frankly.

She is not out of the woods. Not by a long shot, but, since we have had so much despairing news, I want to celebrate the positive news.

Please, keep the prayers coming along!! Please, cross post across the world, I would be the most appreciative~!!

Sammy turned 2 on March 1, 2005. She was adopted, and brought home from an orphanage in China a few days before Christmas. She was just beginning to speak a few words of English. She loves the Wiggles (why, I don't know ), loves to eat!! and, could walk up and down steps all day long if you let her. She is my sister's first child, and Jessica just celebrated her first Mother's Day.

Sammy has to get well! Thanks for your continued prayers. We are looking to set up a web site on Children's web page on Monday. I will update you all tomorrow.

Good night, thank God, and see you in the morning.

Johanna and family

Thanks to PCB!

Thanks for the update. Samantha and her family will remain in our prayers.

Oh Johanna! Thank you so much for the update! While I know she's not out of the woods yet, it is encouraging to hear some positive news. I have strong faith that Little Sammie will pull through, and that she will get better soon. You are such a good sister to be there for Jessica this whole time. I continue to pray for little Samantha. I know God is listening to us.

Get well soon, Little Sammie!!!! Big ***hugs*** to you, Johanna. Hang in there, my friend. I hope and pray that your little niece will pull through just fine! Please tell Jessica we continue to pray for her child, and of course, for her and the rest of the family! Have a good night, and may the updates get better and better everyday!

thanks for the update - come on, samantha! come on... prayers remain...! end of discussion. {((hugs))}
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Its nice to get some positive news on Samantha. Thank you so much for updating us.

Continued prayers going out to your entire family.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I am so glad that the progress is going on the right directon.

Please Lord, continue to be with Samantha and her family.

Thank you for updating us, Johanna. {{{Big Hugs}}} for you. I have said my prayers for Sammy every day since I first read this. My husband even asks me every day how she is doing. We think about her and pray for her, her parents, you and the entire family.

Positive thoughts and prayers still coming.

Hugs....Robin

We can't let up now..........we need more prayers that the positive news continues and this wonderful, wanted child will heal and have a chance at a long and happy life.

Dear God, thank you - thank you!

Thanks for the update and positive news about Samantha. Lots and lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.