Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: serious situation for NZ.....

serious situation for NZ.....

This is very scarey, we have had a foot and mouth scare on Waiheke Island, which is a small tourist island just about half an hour away from our major city Auckland.

So far it is being treated as a hoax, please pray folks that it is just that, a letter has been sent stating that the virus has been released there and will be in another part of NZ, if so much money is not paid and something to do with our tax system, I have not got all the details yet.

If this is true, our economy would be ruined, we could loose Ten billion dollars, NZ would be in a very sad state of affairs, this really frightens me, to think someone would even consider doing such a thing, even the talk is enough to do our country damage.

This is such a serious matter, and I can only hope they are correct and it is just a hoax.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

2. Oh my god.

i hope its just a prank too!!!

Hasn't hit the news here yet Carole, though it might be on the late news. My thought would be that it's a pretty hard virus to duplicate, and more than likely a hoax. A worrying situation none the less. It could have serious implications for the market hoax or not.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I very much hope it isn't accurate, Carole. Having experienced the disease here a few years back, I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

How scary. Please keep us updated.

I will pray that its only a hoax.

Yikes! Hope it's just a hoax.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That's awful! I hope they catch the perp, whether it's a hoax or not. That's economic terrorism.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Nothing new to report so far, still being treated as a Hoax, hopefully they are correct, Yes Trev even a hoax poses a threat to the economy, but nothing in comparison to if it is real.

Apparently the virus would have to taken from Asia in a vial, they think it is highly unlikely.

The NZ dollar even dropped a little because of this, nothing too major though.

Yes Killearn Kitties I remember the outbreak in Britain, it was devastating, would be even worse here because whereas with Britain it is like 1 per cent of the economy, here it is 7 percent, if that makes sense to anyone,it is a terrible thing for any country, whoever the sicko is that sent this letter to our PM, they are committing a very serious offence and I hope they catch the culprits, it is like holding our country to Ransom.It is a form of Bio Terrorism as well.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Prayers to you, Carole

Oh, Carole! I hope and pray for your sake and New Zealand's sake that this is a hoax. I pray that the authorities can catch whoever is doing this awful thing. I just wish I had long enough arms to give you and your family {{{{HUGS}}}}!

Thanks Bro, we are treading on eggshells here awaiting any news, hopefully it will all be good, just keep those PT positive thoughts and prayers going, I am sure it will be ok, fingers and paws crossed.
    Furangels only lent.

Fingers and toes crossed and sending postive thoughts your way that this is a hoax.

----<---<--<{(@

I hope it's a hoax.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh Carole, my stomach just knotted up thinking about your situation. Praying it's just a terrible hoax!!!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

It is still being treated as a Hoax, deadline for payment is Friday, of course none will be made, so we shall see what happens, already countries are deciding whether to accept imports from NZ just based on this Hoax, so this is indeed very serious for us.

There are hints it could even be a university capping prank, geez if it is, I hope they get them and teach them a valuable lesson.

I am a little concerned that people are still being allowed to come and go from Waiheke Island , even pets like dogs, I cannot believe they are allowing this, they should all be in isolation, does not seem they are taking it seriously enough IMO.
    Furangels only lent.

Carole, it DOES seem odd that they are letting people and pets off the island. I"m starting to think it's a hoax ( I hope I'm right.)