View Poll Results: Do you thing breeds matter?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think they do a lot.

8 12.12%
  • No, I don't think it matters.

27 40.91%
  • I don't know, I just love my dog!

31 46.97%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mutts

I am from the Southeasteren United States.

Mutts

I have a mutt dog. I think the whole breed thing is way over rated. Whatever dog you get you know it will love you! I also have wanted a certant breed. I just think a breed means how fast, how cute, and how strong you want your breed to be. I think all dogs have a loving and caring heart.

-Emiley

My favorite breed is the mutt. I like having a dog with a one-of-a-kind look plus there's less chance of health problems due to overbreeding.

I voted for "I don't know, I just love my dog"--what else can you say when you've got both a mutt AND a purebred? They are such different dogs, yet each is special and neither is "better" than the other! There's no way to pick a favorite.

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

My mutt girl is the absolute smartest dog I've ever seen. I could swear she understands English! I love purebreds and mutts alike and think breeds mean nothing to me. As long as its furry and likes to give sloppy puppy kisses, I'm in love
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I am from the Southeasteren United States.

Mutts

I have always loved mutts, but wanted pure breed papers so I could show. Rainbow talented and loving I know she could make it!

i have a mutt and she is so adorabal that even if she had a full breed in her she would still be to cute . . . . any dogs is to cute to just ask what breed it is
    Leann

Mutts

While I like all dogs (and most cats) I have a soft spot for mutts. They are all one-of-a-kind, never another one that's exactly the same. And they do have less health problems in general.

And it's fun to try to figure out what got mixed with what!

Mary

P.S. I have 4!

I chose my dogs for personality. Yes, they are purebred. But I don't think it matters one bit!! Each one is special in his or her own way. I love them all!!!

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    As a child I grew up with mutts. My first 'own' dog is a pedigree Golden, choosen by my husband because of it's personality, the incredibly lovely and patient momma dog, and the great breeders we got to know so well.
    I don't think it matters. Every dog has it's own personality and either you like it or you don't.
    I still have a very weak spot for mutts, especially those considdered 'challanged'.

I love mutts! I love all dogs actually! But I can't fathom or understand paying so much money for a purebred dog when there are thousands, if not millions, that are in shelters needing homes!! Unless you want to breed or show. The local shelter here has purebred dogs in there all the time! When I got Duncan there were 2 German Shepherds,a basset hound, 3 Rottweilers, 3 basenji puppies, a chowand a sharpei, not to mention all the pit bull terriers that were there also!! And with all the breed rescues out there....what's the point? I'm big into rescue and adoption for people as well as pets! There should be no such thing as an unwanted pet or person in this world and we are so overpopulated already!! Anyway, this is just my opinion...

I like and love mutts. I have a mutt myself and she is unique as can be. I don't think breed matters as long as the chemistry is there -- the dog loves u and u love the dog.
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

I think certain breeds are nice, but if it weren't for mutts and mixes, Kia would not be here. I cannot imagine my life without Kia.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Mutts are more likely not to be imbred. And are cheeper!! lol j/k. The store i bought Jo from (YES ITS CLOSING!!) invent breeds (like a mutt) and put the 2 parents together to form a new breed, and yes, they charge 400 dollars for it....Breed doesn't really matter to me, I just feel in love with Jo when I held her, annd I couldn't afford a purebred when mutts are just as good I think no diff really only one has papers

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

The breed doesn't mean squat to me, it could be "ugliest" thing in the world ill still take it i want another one soooooo bad!

I agree with what everyone else said... I don't think the breed matters at all!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)