Thread: Achatinas :D

Achatinas :D

I have four of this... I have give they the names: Agneta (after a teacher i hate), Dr. Phil, Thunderlight and Escargot (ppl eat them).

Arent they cute?

wow.. it is definatly... interesting, what does it eat? is it one of thoughs snails that likes beer?? lol

just curious.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Ooooh, those are illegal in the US, I'd love to see one in person!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

A Giant African Land Snail!!! I am sooooooooo jealous! Wolfchan, doesn't that suck they are illegal? I've been wanting one for so long.

More pics!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Look at the size of that!!! This is facinating mamma to the brink of madness... where do you keep them? What do you feed them? Are you planning to breed them? (When mamma was a kiddy wink, she used to collect snails in the garden... Gather them in huge plastic containers, filled with moss... then she added food (normally leaves, grass, plants) and sometimes they layed eggs... after a few days mamma used to stick them back out, so she never actually SAW any babysnails)
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

Originally posted by King Spartacus
    Look at the size of that!!! This is facinating mamma to the brink of madness... where do you keep them? What do you feed them? Are you planning to breed them? (When mamma was a kiddy wink, she used to collect snails in the garden... Gather them in huge plastic containers, filled with moss... then she added food (normally leaves, grass, plants) and sometimes they layed eggs... after a few days mamma used to stick them back out, so she never actually SAW any babysnails)
    I have mine in a pretty small petbox. I have give them fruit and stuff like that... And a calc (sp?) thing that are for birds...

Very interesting.

I'm just curious, why are they illegal in the US?
    .Dante [Nanday Conure] .Sebastian [Cockatiel] .Draven [Sun Conure] .Noel [Cockatiel] .Zues [Cockatiel]

.Sascha [Pit Bull X] .Coltrane [Doberman] .Maggie [Weimaraner] (Newest addition )

That is an amazing picture! I didn't know they were illegal in the US, no wonder I never saw one. I bet that would make a cool pet!
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

They could be an agricultural threat.

I LOVE them though, what a neat pet!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I have three biggies, five teens and a bunch of babies

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this"