Thread: Happy Mother's Day in Heaven

Happy Mother's Day in Heaven

I've posted this thread to pay tribute to my mother, Joanne Ploss, who has been gone for 32 years, and to give others a chance to do the same for their Moms.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I think of you often and the time we've missed together. I know that you're with me in spirit. If I could have one thing in this world, it would be to have 5 minutes with you to tell you how much you mean to me, how much I love you and to say the goodbye I was denied.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh Donna, what a wonderful idea.
    I lost my Mom January 25, 1998.

Here is a tribute we did for our beloved Mother.

More than words can ever say,
    We miss you Mom in every way.
    No one else will ever know,
    How very much we loved you so.
    With silent thoughts and silent tears,
    A constant wish that you were here.
    The saddest part we have to bear,
    Is longing to see you and you're not there.
    Our lives have not been the same since the night
    God carried you away.
    So when we saw you sleeping,
    So peacefully and free of pain
    We could not wish you back to suffer that again.
    So treasure her Lord, as our angel above,
    For here on earth, she was dearly loved.
    May she be at peace in your garden of rest,
    For you have taken one of the best.

Happy Mother's Day Mom.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

What a nice idea. I also lost my mother in 1977, still miss and think about her everyday.

Mom, Happy Mother's Day. There's not a day that goes by, that you are not in my thoughts. You where my best friend and still am today. I was so blessed to have you as my mother, you where an amazing woman, that I can only wish to be like. We miss you and love you, you are always with us, in spirit. Till we see each other again at heavens golf course, keep on hitting those balls. You know what I'm taking about.

Love you, forever and ...................
    XOXOXO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Paul's mother.

Happy Mothers Day, Geri
    We miss you so much and love you so much. You where the only other woman in my life, that I could call Mom and mean it. I truly loved you, just as your son does, today. You where taken from us to soon, but we know God had his reasons. He needed you.

Love you, miss you, thinking of you always.
    Happy Mother's day, Mom.

That was beautiful.
    My mother has past away too, and not a day
    goes by that I do not think about her wonderful,
    good and kind nature.
    I am extremely blessed to have a wonderful family who
    adopted me after my parents passed away.

----<---<--<{(@

Happy Mother's Day to my gorgeous Grandmother, Mary~

I wish I could have met you while you were alive, from the stories and pictures, I feel as if I know you. You were a gorgeous lady, funny lady, and a good soul.
    I hope you're bowling up there.

Silly story, when I was little I was afraid of thunder and lightning. My mom used to tell me that it was my grandma bowling in heaven.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I lost my mom (who was my best friend) April 10, 1996.

Happy mothr's day to you, mom, and to all the others. Please celebrate together in memory of us left behind.

My mother died on Tuesday, August 22, 1978. She was 42 years old. I was 17. Her funeral was on Friday, August 25th, and I started my Senior year in High School the following Monday, the 28th of August.

I just had my 44th Birthday, and it is so strange knowing I am older now than she was when she died.

This is a wonderful thread. Not a day goes by that I don't still think of her. She was a wonderful person, and would be 69 years old now if she were still alive today........

Happy Mother's Day in Heaven, Mom!
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

[color=sky blue]My mom died 10 days after my 13th birthday, 40 years ago. I miss her every day. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I had her longer and how I would be.

Happy Mother's Day Mom. I hope Jesus remembered to give you the big boquet of flowers I asked Him to give you this morning!
    I love you and look forward to the family reunion when I come home someday! Please give Dad a kiss from me too!
    [/color]
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Mother's Day to my Nana up in Heaven. She died on July 3, 1999. She was 73 years old. I miss her every day, and I always think about her. She was my favorite Nana.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Donna, I'm starting to tear up as I type this. This is a wonderful thread. I lost my mom March 1, 1997. I'm looking at her picture right now. She was not only my mom, but a friend to confide in, and a helper with my problems.If she were still living she would be 95. I miss her dearly and I'm sure, Donna that your mom and my mom are both looking down on us!

Soapets,

I lost my Mom when I was only 19. She was 44 and died of lung cancer. I never got to say goodbye because she was taken out of the house at 2 a.m. in a coma. When I turned 44, I thought about her all day on my birthday, and wondered what she'd look like had she lived.

Before I moved to Michigan, I would go to the cemetery every Mother's Day and spend a couple of hours there. Oh well...life goes on!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Moosmom:

My mother died of lung cancer, too. She was diagnosed in May of that year, and died three months later. She was in the hospital the last eight weeks. I was in St. Louis with my twin sister, staying with an aunt and uncle and cousins for a brief vacation, when I found out she had died.

On Christmas Day of 2003 I was exactly the same age she was the day she died: three months and three days short of my 43rd Birthday (April 28, 2004). She was born on December 25, 1935, so Christmas Day, 2003 would have been her 68th Birthday, also. That was a very difficult Christmas for me. My 43rd Birthday, last year, was also difficult, because I had reached a Birthday in my life that she never reached in hers.

I'm having some difficulties with things in that respect now, because my son just turned 16 and I feel like I've only got one year left to have much of an influence on his life. I know it's unrealistic to think that way, but the feeling is because I don't know what it would be like to have a mother past the age of 17. These things really affect a person in so many ways, for the rest of their lives.....

But as you said, life does go on. I was very fortunate in that I became part of another very loving family after my mother died, and have a mother figure there who is still alive and well and very much a part of my life. It's a long story, but suffice it to say that I am probably closer to that family emotionally than a lot of people are to their biological families.....
    Last edited by Soapets; 05-08-2005 at 08:49 PM.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

moosmom & Soapets,

I too lost my mother at 18, she passed from a heart attack, on memorial day. To this day, I hate memorial day only because it reminds me off that horrible day. I still need friends and family over on that day, to keep my mind off of it. Been like that for over 20 some years.

It sadden me to know that you two, lost you mothers so soon also. I know the pain of it, so much we missed out on. It's something I never would wish on any one.

Moosmom, I too never got to say good by, I was the only one with her, when she had her heart attack, but because we lived so far out, the ambulance could not find us, so I had to drive to the end of the road and show them the way. By the time we got to the house, it was too late and they wouldn't let me see her. At the funeral, my father, had it closed, so none of us children, even saw her, again. So there would be no memory of her, like that.

But even though I never got to say good by, I'm not really sadden by it, as much as you would think. My thoughts are why the final good by, when I carry her in my heart everyday, she is not gone, she is with me. And I will see her again, face to face, that I am sure of and then it will be a hello, I missed you and I love you so.

I lost my Mom novber 29 2003
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Soapets and Fox Gal,

My Mom was diagnosed in January of 1973 after noticing a lump on her back. She went through chemotherapy and radiation, and lost the sight in her left eye. My Dad, who was 46 at the time, was her main caregiver. He learned how to give her shots of morphine, bathed her, did basically EVERYTHING for her. She died on October 10, 1973 (my Dad's birthday). 2 months later my grandfather (Mom's Dad who had been living with us) died from burns sustained in our house fire.

Every year from August 16th (the day my Dad died alone in his apartment in 1997, never got to say goodbye to him either) until December 18th, I go through a real funk. It happens, and no amount of anti-depressant will get rid of it.

But again, life does go on. I try to be as happy as I can be.

I know that down the road, I will be reunited with ALL my loved ones and the missed goodbyes won't matter anymore!

Group hug you guys!!! (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))