Thread: *Warning* about a favorite cat 'toy'!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

*Warning* about a favorite cat 'toy'!

After reading Ubasoons post about Tuna and the surgery he just went through to remove a plastic pull thing from mini-blinds, I thought about this danger. My vets have removed MANY of the milk jug rings from cats intestines. I used to think nothing of ripping them off, and throwing them down for the cats, but haven't for a few years now. Too risky having them ingest them, and cause a blockage. Intestinal surgery is very expensive, and if this post mkes a few people think..it's worth it. I wonder how many cats have gone under the knife over those seemingly harmless 'toys'?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I was throwing down,the little plastic tabd,thatb you get,in the Minute Maid Frit Conatiners,but I will stop,that as Scrappy 2,or Pouncette ,may well swallow them.Thank You,for the warning!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yikes. Harry LOVES those things. Sorry Harry, I'm not going ot let you play with those anymore.

I'm so glad you put this info out.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I used to throw the ring things down for my cats, who would use them as hockey pucks. Don't remember them ever chewing them, tho, but you never know about a cat. Better to be safe than sorry.

Most of my milk jugs have the ones that are not in a continuous ring, so my guys have no interest in them.

Thanks for tipping us off anyway. You never know.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

This is very good to know. I will make sure that Shadow and Angel (and Little Orphan Annie, when she's big enough) do NOT get these items to play with any more! I never would have thought that they might try to eat them!
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

there are toys at petsmart they are new they are a curled piece of plastic about the size of a milk container and cats are supposed to love them i wonder if they are dangerous too they look almost like the milk rings and there a little smaller than milk rings