Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New foster!

New foster!

I got a new foster baby. No pics yet since I just got back from work. The poor thing is filthy and covered in oil, grease, and all sorts of crud. She's a young Chihuahua and/or Italian Greyhound mix. She had puppies VERY recently, but the person who found her thinks they are dead. I gave them my phone number just in case they do find some puppies though. The lady said that people were spraying her with a hose, throwing things at her, and chasing her. The poor little thing is so timid from all that she's been through. She crawled right into my arms though and leaned all her weight into me and just closed her eyes like she was praying nothing else was going to happen to her. Since I got her home (10 min ago), she's perked up some and is exploring around with the cats. I'm about to take her to my boyfriend's to meet my dogs and have a nice long bath. I will post pics later on tonight (after we both get some food in our bellies!)
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable that someone would treat a dog like that.

She crawled right into my arms though and leaned all her weight into me and just closed her eyes like she was praying nothing else was going to happen to her.
    What an image in my head! Nope, nothing like that's gonna happen when you are at Aly's house!!

I can't wait to see pictures!

poor thing! Glad she's with you!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Yup, another sweetie pie tucked herself into Miss Aly's heart! Take care of both her tummy and yours, and we'll wait patiently (okay, maybe not very, but we'll try) for pictures!

I just tried to snap some pictures before we left, but was unsuccessful. She always wants to be right in my face and snuggling up to me so it was hard to aim the camera at her. Thought I'd share this one though, hehe. I will definately post better ones later. (she's 9 lbs by the way)

Alyson

Awwww, she's so cute!! congrats, she's so lucky to be with you!

7. Watch out,, she might just wiggle her way into your heart for good.

Aw poor little girl! I'm glad she's in your care now, I know she'll just blossom. What a cutie!

isn't that the best feeling, knowing she feels safe in your arms.........WOW... and i too will wait patiently (sort of) for more pics...

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Hear! Hear! She couldn't be in better hands! Bless you as always, sweet, dear Aly for your compassion and unselfishness. She is the cutest little thing! When I saw her big eyes, I almost wept. Can't wait to see more pictures and get another update. "Aly the Angel"

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh my gosh. We just went through a TERRIFYING experience. I am wanting to smack myself in the face after that whole thing....

After I left my house, I stopped and picked up a pizza and then continued on to my boyfriend's place. I stepped out of the car and set the little girl down on the ground. I had her on a leash and harness because the collar seemed to freak her out. Well all of a sudden, she tried to dart under the car. I think that is her comfort zone because she really smells like she's been living under cars. I bent down to gently pull her out and she tensed her whole body and picked her head up. Her head went between the space where my back tire is. I tried to pull it out a few times, but she was stuck. Trying not to panic, I reached around me and grabbed her can of open dog food from work. I tried to entice her to move her head certain ways, but she was freaked out and wouldn't follow the food. Then she started spazzing out and moving her body all around until her head got wedged above the tire. I had to support her whole body and make sure she could breath and TRY to stay calm so she'd stop flailing. I started yelling for help but no one was around. Thankfully my cell phone was within reach and I called my boyfriend (he was at work not at home). He didn't answer. I paged him and called him a dozen times in a row. Then I really started to panic and scream for help some more. I finally called my boyfriend again and he picked up. He dropped everything at work and raced home. Thankfully, it is only about a 7 minute drive. By the time he got there, I had been out there for 25-30 minutes with her head stuck. My back was about to collapse. It has already been hurting from a kidney infection and then it started hurting even worse because I couldn't shift positions. It took a lot of manuevering and a lot of praying, but my boyfriend remained calm and got her out eventually. She was shaken up, but okay. I have her in the crate resting right now. I warmed her up some canned dog food as a treat. That was something I NEVER want to experience again. I can't tell you how scared I was that she'd strangle herself or something. Oh my. Oh yeah and my pizza ended up upside down on top of my car, ah well. I don't care about anything else, just that the little girl is okay.

So, long story short, it will take me a bit longer to get some pics

*edit* Just looked in the mirror and I'm covered in black streaks all over my face, arms, and hands. You'd think I just crawled out of a burning building, sheesh.
    Last edited by aly; 05-07-2005 at 01:11 AM.
    Alyson

Oh my gosh! How's that for a first experience!! Thank goodness she has people who would do anything to help her out! Hats off to you and your boyfriend for your effort & patience!

My oh my what a day you had. Congrats though on getting her out and for rescuing her as well from her crappy life thus far. Hope everything goes well and keep posting pics.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I can't imagine the fear this little sweetie has faced in her life. Thank goodness she has a rescue angel keeping an eye on her now! I hope you are feeling better too, Aly!

Aly,

She's a DEAR!!! She's already stolen my heart with just one picture!!!

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...