Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of phobia do you have?

What kind of phobia do you have?

1. cancer:
    Since almost everyone of my family has already died from cancer (or at least got ill), this is something I really really fear. Having a medical background (I worked for an oncologist) doesn't make it any easier for me. I know too much about it.

2. food poisoning:
    Food hygiene is also something I know a lot about. This makes it difficult for me to trust the food I'm getting in a restaurant, or from other people. Also, I avoid eating raw or half-boiled eggs.

3. vomiting:
    IMO, the most disgusting thing in the world. Even when I see it on tv, I switch the channel or at least look away and cover my ears. I cannot stand the sight, the sound or the smell. When I witness it, I start trembling, and I'm getting tachycard and nauseaous. I don't know why, it has always been like that, even when I was still a little child. I once jumped out of a driving car when my baby sister started vomiting inside. I just HAD to get out of there. And I felt terribly sick after that.

Now tell me, what's your phobia?

Kirsten

I have lost a lot of friends to cancer so I am pretty afraid of that. I am also afraid of heart related stuff. Not too worried about food poisening although my daughter almost died of an episode when she was 9. They couldn't even get an IV in her she was so dehydrated.

I also have a fear of heights.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm sorry that you've lost so many friends. That's sad - and scary!

I witnessed my aunt dying from stomach cancer last year, and the pictures still haunt me some nights.

I'm a bit afraid of heights also, but I can fight that if necessary. Just gives me a weird feeling in the stomach. LOL

Sounds awful what happened to your daughter!

Kirsten

INSECTS! I am totally pertrified by anything that has more than 4 legs

Death and heights. I can overcome any other fears but not those.

Kirsten, I was almost not going to share my phobia ... but I was shocked when I read yours!!! My one true phobia, is also fear of vomiting. It is called emetophobia. Yep, it's "real" and it is something I still struggle with almost daily. Wow, this is a really soul-bearing thread.

Oh, I do also have a very big fear of heights .... I always have hated escalators .... feel like I'm going to fall backwards down them!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Re: What kind of phobia do you have?

Originally posted by Kirsten
    3. vomiting:
    IMO, the most disgusting thing in the world. Even when I see it on tv, I switch the channel or at least look away and cover my ears. I cannot stand the sight, the sound or the smell. When I witness it, I start trembling, and I'm getting tachycard and nauseaous.
    I also share this same fear. Even when someone tells me that they don't feel well I start getting naseous. I don't like the sound, smell, or sight either. Although watching it on TV isn't as bad as if the person next to me is doing it, I still plug my ears and close my eyes. If someone does throw up near me, I start to nearly hyperventilate, and to avoid smelling it, I breathe through my mouth, which doesn't make the situation any better. That's where my one flaw is going to be when I'm a parent;; vomitting! I'll need a strong stomached hubby to take care of the dirty business.

I also have a fear of heights, as some people have already said. At our school, if you are on the third and top floor, you can see straight down to the bottom and it makes me panic every time I look down. Heights are VERY bad for me!

I'm also afraid of spiders, not all spiders, just some. If they move quickly, I'm scared! Daddy-longlegs aren't a problem, but faster and bigger ones are!

As far as death goes, I'm afraid of being sufficated or not being able to breath. I'm also afraid of being chased or burned.

I'm afraid of a lot of things...

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I forgot to add one more thing about my emetophobia-- most of the time, like I said, I get naseous when someone SAYS they don't feel well... I often times KNOW they are going to be sick so that's why I start panicking. Everytime someone has said to me they don't feel well it always ends in vomitting. My panicky-ness has always ended in someone being sick!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I have a fear of blankets over my head and of tornadoes!
    edit: I do have another phobia, it's being around a lot of people, I get nervous and scared, it's really hard to deal with during fair when I show my horse, but I go thruogh with it because I love my horse.
    Last edited by animal_rescue; 05-07-2005 at 09:07 AM.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Ticks (ych...I get itchy just thinking of it!), tornadoes, and.......I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I have a fear of chickens. I was attacked by a rooster once. Omg, it scared me so bad and it also hurt. It flew up into my face. To this day I have a hard time facing a chicken.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I have a fear of heights. Looking straight down from a building
    or mountain, would not be possible for me. I get sweaty palms
    & a weird tingling sensation in my feet. Strange for me,cause when I was a child I could always be found climbing the tallest tree around.

No others really, except I can't stand the sight of blood. I don't
    fear it, just makes me faint.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

One of my biggest fears is of lightning. I get really nervous even if I hear a truck backfiring! The second phobia is a very weird one. I just cannot STAND going to funeral homes. (I'm starting to get a little shaky just typing this!) I was a real basket case when my parents died and I had to stay there. I would avoid my own funeral if I can!

I can't really say that I have a phobia. I dislike some things such as spiders, but I'll kill them in my house. I might scream when they run, but I'm not scared to death from them. My fiance though, hehe, I have to kill the spiders if I am there, he hates them. I don't fear death or dead people, I've seen my fair share of dead people and they don't scare me, neither do funeral homes. My job requires me to deal with death all day so I have gotten over it.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I don't have any phobias either. I would prefer not to have any rodents around me, but it doesn't terrify me. I'm not scared of heights but I did have a problem at Niagra Falls. I had an overwhelming urge to jump over the falls! I had to ask my husband to pull me back from the edge. Weird!
    Last edited by kuhio98; 05-06-2005 at 10:19 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.