Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What kind of phobia do you have?

Mamma is scared of a lot of things... but only has two major phobias...

1: Spiders. She'll start crying... If alone in the house, go into hysterics, cry her head off, but always stare at the spider... once she sat in a chair crying for 5 hours, waiting for daddy to come home and get rid of the spider (she couldn't move, as if she did, she "knew" the spider would hide, and then "attack" her at a later time)... she'll also get dizzy and start heaving for her breath...

2: The dentist. A MUCH worse phobia than the spider one.... no no, don't get me wrong, the "fear" factor is the same... but teeth will go bad if you don't go to the dentist!!! Mamma went last year... after 8 years without dental treatment! She tried out 5 dentists... ran out of the office of 4 of them (once she had to meekishly go back to pay... as she wasn't even able to do that before she stormed out!). She'll get physically ill (not good for the ones who has a phobia of vomit!), even get dizzy, just with the thought of the dentist. Mamma spent £1400 on dental treatment, she cried every single time she went to the dentist... but as she says: It was worth all the blood, sweat and tears! She's now got perfect teeth again! (After 1 rootcanal filling, 2 pullings of wisdom teeth, 3 fillings, 1 pulling and one bridge... a fake tooth were they pulled the other one)... God bless mammas dentist... he sure went through hell with her!!!

She also has several smaller phobias, but she's capable of dealing with them... queeziness, sweat palms, slight faintness, etc when it comes to having her head under water, heights, umbrellas (yes... mamma NEVER uses an umbrella), small rooms, too many people, fear of loosing her shoes while walking (ok... so mamma is strange!), etc...
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

I think I don´t have very bad fobias... Except frogs! I dunno why I don´t like ´em, but I think it has to be their slime... It´s just, a bit discusting... I can´t hold them because I don´t like that they try to jump away I know they can´t do anything to me but... Maybe I´ll get used to them one day, like I did with spiders... But in spiders I don´t like that they move so quickly! Oh and dentist! Have bad memories....
    *Sometimes my arms bend back*

im afraid of being lost, the dark, things i cant see, being alone, etc.

so basically if i was kidnapped in the middle of the night, blindfolded, and put in a isolation chamber, id probably die of panic.

(doesnt help that i have anxiety/panic disorder/obsessive compulsive disorder, all linked, either!)
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

...not sure. I love, love challenging the challenges. except a minute I knew I'm going to die?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I am begining to feel more and more Claustrophobic.

I think i should be afraid of cancer, since a lot of my family has it, or has died from it. But I know this could be controvercial, but I think that God made you the way you were supposed to be, and if you were meant to have cancer... then I guess you were meant to have cancer... I am terribly sorry if this has affended people, its just the way I see it.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Death (in general, not just myself) and spiders

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I have a question to those of you who are afraid of death.

Last week, my mom's brother died. I didn't know him very well so I didn't feel much of a sense of loss. But when she started talking to me about the viewing and how he was creamated, I started freaking out and had to ask her to stop. It was hard for me to breathe and I didn't want to hear anymore about it. Of course that wasn't good because she had just lost her brother and wanted to talk about it, but I couldn't do it.

Does anyone else react that way to the subject of death or dying or did I just give away way too much info?

I do too. My mom was telling me about her friends mother dying. I never knew the lady at all. She told me how her friend was upset etc, and I started to cry myself. I have no idea why...I really don't like the subject of death..at all. I cry more than I probably should for people who die (that I don't even know...)

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Not exactly phobic, but..

then again! Maybe I'm phobic about ticks. I go completely into hysterics when I see one. I get this strange iron taste in my mouth and a strong urge to flee! I actually did that once - on a scientific excursion with a group of other students - and I just couldn't care less what everybody thought about me when i barged out and away from the forrest patch we were examining! The number of ticks being infected with Borrelia is on the rise in Denmark, so there is amble reason for me to avoid them! Borrelia can be very damaging to ones health.

Another thing that makes me panic is if I see an animal which is seriously hurt. My face goes numb and cold and I've been known to faint a couple of times.

Other than that, there are a lot of things that makes me uncomfortable: Flying, backing downhill in a car, steep bridges, narrow spaces, crowds, big spiders and large birds!

And I'm always concerned about my weight - I watch it like a hawk! - and the risk of developing arteriosclerosis, which is a family trait. I hate myself, if I don't get enough exercise on a daily basis, and I always try to eat food which is low in fat. But I don't think that qualifies as a phobia - I would call it an obsession!

Great thread!

Love,
    Sus and the Bellacat
    Sus

# 1 death/hospitals: I hate everything about it!

I had to go to a hospital with my grandma the other day and I felt terrible cuz she wanted me to go in with her while they did tests to see how her heart was and I refused to go in. I feel so rotten, but I just didn't want to hear how bad it was (she had quadruple bypass years ago) I'd rather not know then know. wierd huh??
    I have to go back tomorrow cuz she's having a procedure done and I don't wanna....

#2 This one's kinda hard to explain not getting needles, but before the needle and after the needle. I'm not scared of the needle itself cuz I know it doesn't hurt, but I always feel ill thinking they are putting something that doesn't belong in my body in my body! I hate it. I even pass out almost just from the thought. Same goes for medications.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

phobia

My phobia's are bugs like spiders, scorpians cause Ive been stung by a scorpian before . But I mainly don't like any kind of bugs I have panic attacks if a bug lands on me. I also have the fear of falling it may sound strange but thats me I am strange lol.

Ciar29

I have a phobia of certain social situations. More of an uncontrollable premeditated worrywart.
    Last edited by cmayer31; 05-17-2005 at 12:07 AM.

Originally posted by carole
    My Phobia is a little different to you all, and probably more difficult, because I have to deal with it more on a daily basis,I have social Phobia, this has affected my life dramatically because it is so mis-understood and not really accepted, I strongly believe it is genetically inherited as my mother is the same.

I am not proud of it, but have hidden it as much as I could for so long, it now feels a huge relief to beable to say it, and I am sick of trying to make excuses., and feel bad about myself, when it is something I have no control over.

It has caused me terrible emotional pain all my life, but I am now in a better place, with being open about it all, and not caring about what anyone else thinks anymore, and putting myself first for a change and no longer putting myself through such torment.
    Carole, you are NOT alone. ((((hugs))))) I have social phobia, too it stinks doesn't it? It's hard to make friends in this town, that's why I might be moving out of it

My other phobias. I have arachnophobia, I am SO scared to death of spiders. (No offense to you that own trantualas) and creepy crawlers. I don't know I just get nautious when I see them.

I am not scared of heights, but I am very understandable when people are. For 4-H camp oh about 4 years ago, our group went to Silverwood Theme Park in Couer d' Lane, Idaho and this rollercoaster Tremors that my friends and I went on it got stuck at the top My friend Brianna next to me she was freaking out and I was just calm. I said that they could take her down first and I was fine. Guess what?!?! I went back on and on again. Brave huh

That's all I can think of.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm really afraid of elevators! I allways try to avoid them, but when I have to get in them, I get nervous untill I go out. The worst is that I always have nightmares about elevators wich fall down and I'm in there!
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

i don't think i have any phobias...and not much of anything scares me....maybe i'm heartless..........i do worry about my dog at times .....oh! maybe this is one...it freaks me out when the phone rings in the middle of the night....could be one of my sisters or my brother, with bad news...why else call so late.......?

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~