Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Camera - is this a good choice?

Digital Camera - is this a good choice?

I looked at this camera.. while I was at Target.. and I really like it, and I was wondering if it's definitely worth buying. I want to get one, so I can have a digital camera before I move out for Kent State University in August. So I can have photos of my friends/my dorm, so I could share with my family & friends back home..

Kodak EasyShare 4MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom Lens - CX7430

It's $208.88, with the memory card that'd come with it, which is the Lexar Secure Digital 128MB Memory Card. (is that good? And do you know how many photos it would HOLD?)

• 4 megapixel resolution
    • 3x aspheric all-glass optical zoom lens plus 4x advanced digital zoom for 12x total
    • Bright 1.6" indoor/outdoor display
    • Compatible with Kodak EasyShare system
    • Video mode with audio

What do you think? Thank you!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

2. That looks exactly like my little camera,, except mine is 3. something mega pixels.

i can say im pretty happy with my camera
    beware though,, digitals are very addicting.

oh and id recomend buying a battory charger. i can use up my battories in one day real easily.. especially if i take vidoes.

What kind of batteries does the camera require? Thanks!
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

4. They use Digital batteries.

you can recharge them a thousand times or something like that before they start to really fade out.
    Last edited by Vette; 05-04-2005 at 08:40 PM.

yes.

I wouldn't buy it for myself, but if you're just wanting to take pictures of your friends, dorm, and such.. it's fine.

128mb should hold quite a bit depending on the setting you take the picture.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I wouldn't buy it for myself, but if you're just wanting to take pictures of your friends, dorm, and such.. it's fine.

128mb should hold quite a bit depending on the setting you take the picture.
    Kay, what kind of camera do you have again.. how much did it cost you. You and Amy have the same digital, right? I like that camera..

Nope.. I believe she has a Kodak.

I have a Canon PowerShot A80. I believe it cost me around $300, but that was when it first came out. There are older models you may be able to find that are in the same series of mine (A60 was my old one)

I love Canons and don't plan on getting anything different than a Canon for a while. They're very user friendly and what I like most of all, with Windows XP all you have to have is a USB cord to upload them.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

My friend has that camera... It's pretty good, but I don't think it has a macro mode... I may be wrong. As Kay said, it's probably good for taking pics of friends, dorm, etc., just not closeups of exotic flowers.

I would go with a Canon. I love my camera but the battery life sucks! It's a little flat, square one. Canon takes AAs. I hope to be getting one sometime soon.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

i have a sony and it seems to do a pretty good job. it has a special camera battery which you can recharge. i've had the camera for about 2 years now and the battery hasen't faded at all.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Nope.. I believe she has a Kodak.

I have a Canon PowerShot A80. I believe it cost me around $300, but that was when it first came out. There are older models you may be able to find that are in the same series of mine (A60 was my old one)

I love Canons and don't plan on getting anything different than a Canon for a while. They're very user friendly and what I like most of all, with Windows XP all you have to have is a USB cord to upload them.
    I agree! My Dad has a Canon that I LOVE and am getting my own for my birthday!

CountryWolf07- I dont really know much about the camera, but the memory card should hold about 106 pictures.

How freaky I should see this post! I just sent a mass email around to the staff where I work asking them about their digital cameras and if they could recommend a cheap and easy to use one for me. One of my co-workers mentioned the Kodak EasyShare camera! She said her husband bought one for his business. They liked it so much that they bought another one for personal use! She said it's very easy to use and that you can attach different lenses to it. She has a 256 memory card and she can get about 200 pictures out of it. She paid about $200 for theirs. She also said for another $200 you can buy the printer dock and print out quality 4x6 pictures.

Thanks for showing the picture of the camera, because now I can see what it was she was talking about.

Several other co-workers mentioned they liked their Olympus D-380 (I saw it and it looks like a very simple camera) and the Cannon Powershot s410.

I use to have a kodak, and honestly I wouldn't buy another one. I would look at Canons. I don't think I'd ever want anything other then that.

128mb card is pretty good. I have 2 500mb and a 250 for my 6.1 mp cam. The 500 one holds about 100 and osme pics on best quality

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Which one do you think would be the best choice?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B0001G6U6Q

or

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B0001DA0CO

I am thinking about buying it sometime this week or next week.