Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thursdays 105 - Cinco de Mayo

Good morning all . Just a quick check in before my ride gets here.
    Mam I can't beleive how good it is to be back on.

Hello everyone! Good grief, what did I eat last night? I can hardly move today. Losing your internet connection is terrible, isn't it, Corinna? You hardly know what to do with yourself! I'm glad you are with us again.

I'm not terribly busy today, shall I make breakfast for everyone?How about getting yourselves acclimatised for the 2006 trip?Porridge? Kippers and poached eggs? Or would you prefer the standard Bacon, sausage, eggs, tattie scone etc?

Good morning everyone!

Corinna, nice to see you back in action.

Karen, that breakfast sounds good, but you can keeper the kippers. Somehow, fish in the morning doesn't turn my crank. However, offer up some haggis, I just might jump in. Never tried tatttie scones but they sound delicious. Oh, stop with all the 2006 talk. I'm so excited I can't think of anything else. I even mentioned it to my boss yesterday.

Laurie.....secret?? Isn't that a brand of deodrant??

Sara, never heard of Pacifico, but I'm sure I'll be ready for one later this afternoon.

Connie, time to get a new server....hmmmmm....maybe 6' tall with dark hair and rippling biceps...

**waves** Hi Val, Hi Trev!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

'Morning everyone!

In keeping with the Cinco de Mayo theme, how 'bout some chorizo sausage and eggs this morning, maybe a breakfast burrito or two? And don't worry, my homemade ones are soooo much better than the ones you get at McD's.

Speaking of Cinco de Mayo.....it has added at least 20 minutes to my commute everyday. One of the main streets I go down is blocked for a street fair until next Monday. I've got no problem with celebrations, but why can't they be on someone else's street?

Sara, Pacifico? I'll have to get some and check it out this weekend. Next week we're headed to a motorhome rally where we have quite a few Corona paybacks due and it might be nice if we introduced them to a "better" Mexican beer instead of giving them the same old Corona.

I've got a busy day to day, but I'll try to be in and out. Don't you think Mario is adorable with his sombrero and cha chas?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oops, Once you've finished that haggis Slick, it's back to Mexican. I fancy some of that chorizo myself. I get so confused with us all being on different time zones and this Thursday celebration being five days long. Didn't mean to interrupt the theme!

Just to prove it, and because it's already 4pm here, I'll take one of those Pacificos please.

Hi y'all, thought I'd be a little late to work today so I can check in on the bar......

I'll see you all tonight!!

DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Actually - you can get Pacifico up here (actually, you can get almost any beer up here ). I'll go ahead and restock the tub with more ice and more Pacifico's.

Anyone up for fish tacos for lunch? I was sceptical of them at first until I tried them and they are really quite good.

I'll make some home-made cyber salsa if someone else can find some chips.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by slick

Connie, time to get a new server....hmmmmm....maybe 6' tall with dark hair and rippling biceps...
    I hope he can clean house too!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Una cerveza por favor....gracias

Work is busy today so just grabbing a beer to go.

Never tried fish tacos before, but I'll give it a go. Thanks Julie.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Originally posted by slick
    Una cerveza por favor....gracias

Work is busy today so just grabbing a beer to go.

Never tried fish tacos before, but I'll give it a go. Thanks Julie.
    You're welcome Vickie - next time take some food and beverages with you.

How's everyone doing weather wise on this day - 5/5/5? Right now its overcast and 57 degrees (darn, that would have been so cool if it was 55 degress )

These are not the droids you were looking for

I hope he can clean house too!

If you are lucky, he'll also put the toilet seat down....

Julie, you talked me into it. Lunchtime here anyway so I can play for a few minutes. So what kind of fish is this anyway? It's really quite good. Thanks.

Weather here is purrfect. Not a cloud in the sky and a high of 20...oops, that 70 in your language. Everytime the sun shines, I think of Gini's back yard. Oh, I can hardly wait to meet you. I wish all the Thursday crowd could be there. Richard really is a great bartender.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Eeewwww....sorry, not much of a fish eater and fish tacos have just always sounded like the grossest thing in the world to me. I'll stick with the plain old ground beef ones if you don't mind.

Time for a slushie for me. Sorry but all that beer is making me bloated and I hate that fat finger feeling.

It's 62 in sunny downtown Chicago right now, and probably closer to 70 at home since it's always "cooler by the lake" you know (Sara are you listening? Remember "cooler by the lake"?) F i na l l y we're starting to warm up around here. Then of course, it's supposed to hit mid 80s this weekend. From the 40s to the 80s, yup, must be in the Midwest.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

13. Debbie...you are making me homesick! It is warmer today in Chicago than here in SoCal......

I prefer shrimp enchiladas con queso actually so let's have platters with both, and extra salsa, and quacamole, and sour cream, and... and... mas cervesa! Margaritas! yiyiyiyiyiyi!!!

Freeze warnings last night. 53 right now. Expect 80 on Sunday Probably go right from Winter to hot sweaty Summer and skip Spring altogether

Originally posted by lbaker
    I prefer shrimp enchiladas con queso actually so let's have platters with both, and extra salsa, and quacamole, and sour cream, and... and... mas cervesa! Margaritas! yiyiyiyiyiyi!!!
    Oh, that sounds absolutely wonderful....but can you please pass me a bib?

Laurie, in the dinner thread you spoke about chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and spinach. I want the recipe please. What else is in it?? Email me sister.

Debbie, I know what you mean. Decades ago I used to be able to down 6 beer, no problem. Now, I only drink beer at the cyber bar.
    --unknown

--Polar Express