Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Phantom of the Opera

The Phantom of the Opera

Has anyone seen this movie? It just came out here today on DVD/VSH, and I went right out and rented it lol. My friends all say I'm a loser, but I've always loved the play (although I never saw it, I just read about it, and my dad bought me the music CD when I was a kid, along with a book of it)

I have to say, I really liked the movie. Anyone else like it? (Or am I a freak like my friends say lol)

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I LOVED THE MOVIE. IT WAS EASY TO FOLLOW THE STORY COMPARED TO THE PLAY. I ALSO LOVE THE LOVE STORY BETWEEN THE THREE PEOPLE. THE TWO MEN REALLY LOVED THE SINGER. EVEN AFTER SHE DIED THEY BOTH STILL LOVED HER. THE MUSIC WAS FANTASTIC.

I loved the play, hated the movie. I actually ended up leaving halfway through and I didn't even pay to get in (I work at the theatre)

I saw the play twice and cried through it (I've NEVER cried watching a play before). I also saw the movie and cried through that. I thought they were both excellent.

You're not a loser - you just have excellent taste!

I have seen the real traveling opera and the music was lovely and the set was amzingly fabulous!!!..... but I had trouble following the story line...so we will rent the DVD to watch the movie- I am looking forward to it

hmmm I havent seen the play or the movie, but in general I like original plays better than the movie remakes

I haven't seen the play, but I love the movie! My brother is watching it as I type! I love how "theatrical" it is.

PS- The guy who plays "The Phantom"/Erik is the same guy who played Dracula in the movie Dracula... for those of you who have seen it. (Gerard Butler) And the girl who plays "Christine" (Emmy Rossum), is only 17!
    Last edited by flamepony12; 05-04-2005 at 09:48 PM.

i heard it was bad,but i might see it still

I think the guy who plays the Phantom is HOT!!!!

Heeheeheehee.

I loved the movie so much that My fiance got up at 6:30 a.m. when our Wal-Mart opens and bought the first copy they put on the shelf. Of coarse I didn't get it until after I got home from work. I've watched it twice now.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I went and saw the movie and thought it was excellent. I wish the girl who played Christine had more expression though, she looks kind of daxed and slack-jawed throughout the movie.

I've seen the play twice and LOVE IT.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I've seen the actual performance in London several years ago and the film early this year and I must say I love them both.

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

I went out and bought it too. I love it.

Isn't the movie and play very similar?

Also, in the movie, is that their actual voices? I don't see why not, but I never realized that girl could sing lol

Originally posted by WolfChan
    I wish the girl who played Christine had more expression though, she looks kind of daxed and slack-jawed throughout the movie.
    I agree

mina'smomma- we got the movie the first day it came out, too, just not the first copy on the shelf

Audrey, Everybody uses their own singing voices in the movie, except Minnie Driver. But, Minnie Driver sings the song played in the credits, "Learn to Be Lonely". Minnie Driver played La Carlotta, the one with the poodles. hehe! The strange thing is, Gerard Butler (The Phantom) Talks with a very french accent, yet sings completely normally.

Isn't it amazing how high that 17 year old, Emmy Rossum, (who played Christine) can sing?

lol, elizabethann!! Gerard Butler looks different when he doesn't have a mask on, or lumpy red makeup... hehe -see attachement- But, you can definitely recognize the face.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's neat.

Yeah, I looked for photos of them all -normally- after I saw it XD