Thread: So, international cat?

So, international cat?

Well, when I lived in England (came back to Canada in September), I worked at a medical clinic, and for a week or so there was a long haired cat hanging around outisde, begging for food and attention. One day though, I scopped him up and took him home with me, and Samuel (Sam for short), was ours!!! Great cat, very cuddly, and absolutely huge!!!! When he got over his shyness he never left my side, and he had lots of weird little personality quirks that made me love him all the more. When the girl and I broke up though, and I came back to Canada, we decided that it was best if Sam stayed with her, bother for his sake and hers. I've had regular updates, and now it looks like she'll be moving to Australia to study come February. I've made the offer to take him in because honestly, I miss the bugger. Am I doing right by Sam though, would a flight from England to Canada be too hard on him? I don't know what to think really. I'll post some pics of him when I get the chance.
    Thanks all!

How long is the flight?And who does the cat love most?And if Sam loves you more does he love the other parent enough?
    It's your call on this one I think.Where do you think Sam will be happier?Or is he happy enough with the other parent.It sounds like Sam has to do flying anyway.hmmm...this is a hard one.Very hard one.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I am really unsure what to tell you as I don't know the laws for bringing a cat into Australia. I know they are very strict on bringing any animal there so he may have to endure a long quarentine. I know the flight from London to Toronto is about 7 hours and that a long time but if I am not mistaken it is a much longer flight from London to Australia. I think it is like 14 hours or so. (Not positive on that one though) I really think you both need to talk about this seriously. Do what is best for Sam. If you are looking at a quarentine in Australia you need to find out how long. The quarentine may be too stressful for him. Especially a long one and I really think it is. You can also get a mild sedative prescribed at the vet's so he will be more comfortable on his flight over. Make sure you cover all the basis and do what you both feel is the right and best thing where Sam is concerned. Good Luck and let us know what happens.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Well it has been done before on PT, Jenluckenbach gave her cat Annie to Jenny, Payitforward from England, I imagine the travel distance is about the same, you are bringing him into canada , is that right?, this was from USA to England, they would be the best people to ask how it affected the cat, is there any chance of a good home for him where he is, because if that is possible, in the long run it may be less traumatic on the kitty.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quick side note, I met the girl when I was in Australia (spent 6 months there. The restrictions for bringing a cat in to Oz are severe, but in to Canada, from England, none at all, as long as the shots are up to date. I was wondering what the general opinion of this was, what people thought, I'm not sure, and it won't happen until around february anyway...... *sigh*

I was going,to suggest,that you Pm,Jen,as Annie,was sent from Pennsylvania,To England,and Jen,could fill you,in,on the details,and give you excellent advice!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

hmm i think it woud be easier on the cat to fly him to canada bc england is a 8 hour flight from me and a 18 hour flight from here to australia so that would be 2 hours shorter if he were to fly to canada than to australia and if u really miss him i say go for it

Umm... Catmandu, which Jen (checked the profiles, there are more than a few)?

Originally posted by elminster20
    Umm... Catmandu, which Jen (checked the profiles, there are more than a few)?
    JenLuckenBach.

Sent her beautiful foster Annie to me in England. in fact you have reminded me about the lack up updates on Annie.

I'll post with more infiormation and sites later, however Annie didn't need quaratine as she entered England on the PETS scheme.

I *think* it will be easier to get a cat into canada as England is rabies free but I'll have to confirm that.

Here is Annie's story to be getting on with....
    http://www.piftails.com/forum/upload...hread.php?t=87
    http://www.piftails.com/forum/upload...ead.php?t=1277
    http://www.piftails.com/forum/upload...ead.php?t=1287

Hello, I just saw this.

Oh yes, please get your cat into Canada. If Sweet Annie (who is a very shy cat) can safely make that flight, then a more reserved cat, like your Sam should have no problems. As a matter of fact, I never had any doubts that she would do just fine.

AND, you will find that there will be MANY procedures to go through if Sam is sent to Australia. Will the person be willing to spend the time and money for that? Canada will accept the cat much easier.

My biggest suggestion for preparation before flight is to make sure that Sam can calmly stay in a carrier for extended periods. And since this trip seems months away, there is plenty of time for your friend to acclimate him to a carrier.

I sure hope that you can get your kitty back. That would be sweet.

I think Canada is best the more I think on it.Less flying and you REALLY miss him terribly.You have a perfect home for him with tons of love.Cats have long and short term memory just like humans so he will be happy to be with you again.Very happy I'm sure.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Just wanted to say thanks everyone, I'll keep you updated. For the moment it's only the most remote possibilty, but I'm going to cross my fingers. Again, thanks for the info.