Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am getting nervous about the cat show

I am getting nervous about the cat show

My mom has been working day and night making these cat beds for me to sell in a booth at a cat show May 21st. I am getting a little nervous about it . What if they don't sell and my mom has spent all of these hours making them not to mention the cost of supplies. I will feel so bad. Plus I have to try and figure out how I am going to work around the cat show being so early and all my diabetics that have to stay on their insulin schedule. I guess I will have to get there late and let my mom work the booth until I can get there. here are some pics of the ones she has made for the booth.

I still have to make a sign and alsoa photo album of pictures of beds I have already sold and that are from satisfied customers.
    Melissa

Oh they are so cute!! How much are you selling them for?

I want this one:

Put up some photos of the kitties in the cat beds - I am SURE they will sell like hotcakes! Those are adorable! How much are you selling them for? Clearly marked prices, and a good "display" of kitties in fishies, and you'll sell out!

I think you will do great with them. The colors are beautiful and they are lovely patterns. And above all you are going to a cat show where people go that love to spoil their cats. I am sure they will fly out the door.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I *JUST* knew I shouldnt have looked! lol

Dont be nervous, I'm positive you'll do fine!

Melissa, we need another one a bigger one. Seems almost everyone here is getting in the act. I knew it'd be a hit, I just didnt know how BIG.

I like the purple one...are you taking orders?

Here are a few hams (a.k.a. satisfied customers)

Kewpie - being antisocial

Spike - who NEVER gets inside anything, because he needs a clear and quick escape route

And Tinkerbelle - just hangin out.

Could you let me know?

Thanks
    Tess

You have nothing to be worried about! I'm sure you will sell out! Not only are the cat beds amazing, but they are all unique.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    You and your mom have done a fantastic job! I don't think you have a thing to worry about. Any that don't sell at the cat show will be snapped up by fellow PT'ers or on eBay. I hope your mom isn't getting sick of making them. Where do I send my order for 3 large ones?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Oh WOW Melissa, those colors and patterns on the Fish beds are absolutely beautiful. You're Mom does such a fabulous job.

Try not to worry as I'm sure they will all be a big hit.

Shady, the picture of Spike is just too darn adorable and the one with Tinkerbell is just too darn cute.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I think the biggest 'problem' that you'll have is people fighting over them! I think your mom should start looking for help sewing these hilarious kitty beds! I'm sure they'll be a big hit, and a total sellout as well. Hope she doesn't have a day job lol...this could become a full time business.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I want this one:

Let me know how much and where to send the check!! (seriously!!)

You are going to have NO problem selling these! They are SO cool!! Stop worrying!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Those are absolutely adorable! It must have taken you a long time... are you going to keep one for yourself?
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

Wow! The folks at the cat show will snap those up lickity-split! Having an album is a great idea because it'll show people that the beds are greatly enjoyed, as well as what's available if they don't see exactly what they're looking for at their table, or when you sell out.

You've probably already thought of this, but take along a notebook so that you can write down the info for people who want to order a bed from you.

Does your mom use a pattern for the beds, or are they done completely from scratch? I bet with a bit of playing around, she could easily modify the fishy into a giant mousie if she wants to try something new.

Be sure to let us know how the cat show goes! I just know you're going to sell out!

Those are GREAT (as normal!) You'll do fine! I bet she'll sell out and have people placing custom orders!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!