Thread: Revolution?

Revolution?

We just got back from a trip to the vet, she recommended that we give Teeko Revolution this year instead of Sentinel.

Has anyone heard of or had any experience with Revolution?

(it's a liquid that you pour on his back once a month instead of the monthly pill)

Thanks

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

IMHO- I would refuse it

and stay with the Sentinel.

Revolution claims to be effective against heartworm, kills fleas and prevents eggs from hatching, treats and controls sarcoptic mange, ear mites, and round worms.

Sentinel claims to be effective against heartworm, kills fleas, incorporates the active ingredient of Program which sterilizes the eggs of fleas, treats round worms, and hookworms.

Seems almost a draw doesn't it? The problem I would have with Revolution is the same I constantly battle with Frontline:

1. Have I applied it close enough to the skin for it to soak in and get absorbed?

2. What if the dog gets wet and the area gets washed liberally with water within 24 hrs?

Thus in comparing Revolution vs Sentinel the key question is: Do I want to trust that the therapeutic dose has been absorbed into the skin? If not then there is danger of heartworm. Whereas with the Sentinel you know the therapeutic dose has been absorbed in the gut. With something like Frontline if I have applied it incorrectly the worst case scenario is that puppies will get a couple of ticks. The worst case for Revolution is...

True, good points. Teeko and I thank you.

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

Some of us prefer the Revolution. It isn't difficult to apply, won't wash off once it dries and also keeps those pesky ear mites at bay.

Mary

I've used Revolution for my two pups for the past two years. I love it and recomend it to everyone I know.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome